Why We Love Women

dougdrake

Drake,

Sell the old audio equipment! That makes the women happy to have their space, but makes us happy to have money to buy more equipment that we DO need. Tell your woman this..."Hunny, if I build this home theater for us, then in the long run it wil be cheaper than going to the movies!"

Maybe that will get them to "allow" us men to play with our toys.

rjb - Afraid I follow the rule which says never, under any circumstances, sell old audio gear unless it is a complete piece of junk, because as soon as you do, you'll find a use/need for it, or will discover it was worth 20x what you sold it for due to its "vintage" status. :)

I have a KV-3 center speaker, a Forte, a Sony ES CD player, a Sansui receiver, 2 Marantz receivers, a Yamaha tuner, a 3 piece P**k satellite/sub speaker system, 2 Bass Shakers, and a speaker switch all awaiting their recall to active duty! (The P**k system might qualify as the "complete piece of junk," but I can't bear to part with the paint splattered beast yet.)

DD

I seem to be following Doug on several threads, but I tend to agree with him. I have some Heath components from the late '70's including speakers (all work, but no remote control), and a HK Citation II amp from the early '60's. I know the HK is worth more every day, and the Heath stuff is not, but I built the stuff and can't get around the sentimental value.

As far as the wife and my buying toys, she usually goes along with my suggestions, especially with Klipsch speakers and tools in general. Unfortunately, with no checks and balances in the system, the budget usually suffers and the kids go without new $100 sneakers.

I like shopping for cars, audio/video/electronics, and thats about it!

The times I go shopping with my mom (don't laugh, can you say "checkbook"?) and girls, she/they just HAVE to look at everything, even if she/they KNOW is is something they don't want ot even like. Come on!!! If I am at Summit Racing, I am not going to go through the Mustang section, just Chevy 350 parts!!! If I don't have a Mustang (don't want one, its an example), why would I need to look at parts (cool parts aside) for the car?

Hey Glenda...

I've always loved music (those that can't do, just appreciate)..and when I finally got to the point to where I could buy my own stereo system, I couldn't find speakers that I liked... until a friend suggested Klipsch...I listened to them, I loved them and that was that.

See Ya Around...