why people like denon?

prodj101

I'm with Prodj here as far as Rotel is concerned. The power ratings on the 1055 are likely somewhat conservative and the pre/pro section is very similar to that of their 1066 pre/pro. The preouts hooked up to a power amp will be sonically indistinguishable to most to that of the 1066, yet the 1055 has a lower retail price then that of the 1066. Furthermore, the power of the 1055 is assignable, which facilitates any future decision one might have regarding adding an outboard power amp. This isn't to put down the Denon, but you can't judge a receiver on features and power alone. And, like the HK and Denon, Rotels match up excellently with Klipsch.

Well this is debate going no where...But anyway.are we comparing apples to kiwi fruit?...oranges to pomegranates. Everyone has their budgets, their expectations. Marks Dad my speakers will kick yours into the dust...and your electronics well, that remains to be seen...But so long as we ALL think that we have the best thing for our individual needs...who cares...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...

Speakers? RF7/RC7/RS7/baby SVS Pc+

LOL! If I were going to walk into a shop biased, it would be that I would expect $3K+ worth of seperates to sound a whole heckofalot BETTER than my $1K receiver. I'm not going to test the theory though, cause X-mas is coming and I have to quit buying for MYSELF. I'm happy with my system (FOR NOW..hehehe), unless any of you guys would like to add ME to your shopping list.

now clueless dont get me wrong, in the end it all depends on your individual likes, i merely mean if i had had access to better audio showrooms, i would now have the speaks i really want, all heritage, i know the rf 7's, i almost bought them, and again i was misled, but i have to say that in combination with my rotels i now have the best system i have ever heard, i know there is room for improvement, and believe me there will be improvements made, this is just 1 more thing i have learned here at these boards, it just keeps getting better and better12.gif what i meant about now having the heritage is, because of sales pitches i bought many bad products, not so much bad, mismatched for each other, and for my needs, so my son now has an onkyo 797 reciever, 2 yamaha speaks, 3 polk speaks, and 2 bose 301's for his entertainment system, along with his playstation 2, and x box, so he is happy but it sounds really funny, but that is why, i have listened so much to bad advise, instead of just doing what was right in the first place, i tried to save money, and ended up spending more

I have used Denon and Yamaha for 20 years without any problems. It is easy to use a well known, well respected brand. I'd like to own Krell but can not afford it. Other than that huge step, the differences I have noted are marginal. (and I like the look, sound, and dependibility of Denon)