Vinly break in time

I have been listening to an LP I got recently and it sounds better each time I play it. At first I thought that it might not have been perfectly recorded, but yesterday I could hear it from the bathtub and it is sounding much better. It is sounding better and better every time I play it. I could hear it playing from the house yesterday when I was out in the garden and it sounded even more mellow. I think it is breaking in nicely. It makes sense, those grooves and the stylus take time to get used to each other, just like most couples. I think I may just leave it on all the time now.

c7s

A good tip, leave the stylus in the leadout groove for two weeks to accelerate break-in. This leadout groove can sound over sibilant on first few uses; therefore, it is better to listen after 200-300 hours of use. After this period, the last groove is smooth as Lake Placid ice, fitting the stylus like OJ's new gloves...

kh