Speaker noise?

tripod

EDIT: Sorry guys, I've been away for a while and posted this without checking all the boards first. It seems there have been a lot of similar posts lately. I guess my main question is this: Why does it hiss just for the CD signal and not the others on my receiver?

Hi all,

Question about speaker noise. My speakers produce noticeable noise when listening to CD's at moderate to loud volumes, particularly when the CD changer changes tracks or CD's. I know that Klipsch are sensitive, however, they don't make noise when I'm watching DVD's or TV through the other input channels of my receiver. Is my CD changer somehow not "shielded" enough from the receiver? Any thoughts?

Is this enough info to provide you guys with clues? If not, please let me know what else would be useful.

Thanks!

I have not heard anything like this and my experience with CD players is limited to five units, three old and two new.

My guess is that the noise really is coming through the audio link from the CD player. I don't see any mechanism for radiation from the CD player getting into the amp, realistically.

If you're CD player has a headphone out, you should try monitoring that output.

Gil

The fact that the only source that you hear noise from narrows the problem to the CD player or the cables from the CDP. What CD player are you using and what are you using for cables to connect it to your receiver ?

I suspect that the problem is more likely with the CD player than the interconnects. Try setting your receiver to CD with the CDP disconnected and then connect the CDP and test the noise level. Follow that by connecting the CDP with a different set of IC's.

These steps should help you isolate the problem area(s).

If the amp is quiet w/o input from the CDP then the problem is with the CDP or the IC's.

If changing IC's does not result in a major improvement then the problem lies with the CDP.

Let us know how things pan out.