Worst Movie Theater Experience I've Had

justin_tx_16

Finally remembered what i wanted to post here about.

I went to the University of Missouri last weekend with my mother. SHe wanted to go see a movie, only thing she would see was Sweet Home Alabama.

We got tickets, $7.00 each. Two small cokes $2.50x2=$5.00, one medium Popcorn $3.00 So $15.00 total. not TOO bad.

First off the movie was late to show by 30 minutes.

Secondly the movie is terrible. A chick flick of course, but even my mom did not like it. The plot and actors reactions contradict themselves several times!

Finally, and to top it all off...

This movie was presented in 1. Not 1.1, not 2.1, not 4.1, not 5.1, just 1. NO Bass, a promedia 2.1 had more bass even for that sized room. No volume. And sound ONLY played from the front speaker. Just one speaker for the whole theater. The front speaker did everything, at a moderate at best volume (you could easily talk over the movie) and sounded like it was strainging, very harsh sounding midrange. We should not have had to pay.

Theater was called like Hollywood Cinema, or something like that. Are all their theaters this bad?

Worst one I ever had was when I was trying to get back together with an old girlfriend. We were in line to enter after we bought out tickets to go inside then she turns to me and says "The answer is 'No'." I got out of line and just walked out and was so mad that I just wound up walking home (4 miles). I've been pissed at her ever since and that was 1982!

Yeah, the Hollywood theater there sucks. It amazes me, actually. If AMC were to open a theater there, they'd make a killing. Why they haven't is beyond me.

Worst movie experience? When I went to see Star Wars Ep. 2 at the special "digital" picture that was only being used for that movie. Only so many movie theaters had it. There was this annoying blue dot right in the middle of the screen the whole movie. I'm not sure how it got there, and it wasn't something like candy stuck on the screen. I think the transmission was screwed up somehow (Wasn't it transmitted via satellite?).

Oh and Justin, did you get to see any hot sorority girls? :)

Alot of theaters around colleges are like that.We used to call them the "Scrape and Screens"

The owners would send a crew in on the last week of August and crowbar the seats off the floor,replace the screeen that had so many holes in it you could use it as porch door and pushed a few dumpsters worth of beer cans and bottles out of the emergency exits.

Hey Tom ,I had a date like the one you mentioned. It all happened in a "Sunbeam" 9.gif