DD-5.1 Question

stapol

Hi guys ...

I have some questions about DD-5.1 before I want to buy it. Recently, I just bought klipsch promedia 5.1 and I am interested in DD-5.1. I use klipsch promedia to my laptop (Satelite 5105). It said my laptop had S/PDIF digital optical output.

You can check this site for information of my laptop.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/pc/pc_prodDetail.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0006673048.1036528136@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccchadcgjffdmflcgfkceghdgngdglj.0&comm=CS&plin=Portable%20Computers&pfam=Satellite&poid=235711&Adoid=164618

Just click DETAILS SPEC on the right upper hand corner. (open page 5)

I'm just doubt about my laptop's output.

Can my laptop support DD-5.1 ? Can I plug DD-5.1 to an output on my laptop ? What kind of cable do I need to buy if my laptop can use DD-5.1 ?

I'll appreciate for any help. Thank You. 1.gif

you got the 5.1's for a laptop? that is funny to me just because you have this tiny computer with speakers tha tput out sooo much sound! :) another example, went to a hi-fi audio store the other day, they had a 20 inch wide screen TV from like Panasonic but had B&W Nautalus speakers playing (Lord of the Rings BTW). The sound just overpowered the visual, i had a good chuckle3.gif

yes. just get (on to your questions).... just get an optical cable and you should be A-OK! 1.gif

Thx for your answer. I'll appreciate that.

By the way, I'm using promedia 5.1 not only for my laptop but also my playsation and dvd player.

Justin .... do you think using promedia 5.1 + decoder 5.1 with my laptop is not going to give the maximal quality of sound ? In this case, I mean laptop won't bring sound as good as desktop. I'm just curious. Thank you 1.gif

sorry, i missed this thread during my afternoon forum run 3.gif

1. connection

nope, you need an optical cable, so not the coaxial cable i have a picture of on my site. you can get this cable at radio shack, wal-mart, and just about any electronics store.

2. sound quality

since you are outputing from the computer digitally to the dd-51, you should not have any sound quality issues.

3. connection (again)

great use. ps2, tv and computer? computer and ps2 connected digitally and tv through the aux analog inputs, should work wonderfully.

anything i forgot?