Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Abel

Bar 48 Bluetooth Issue....maybe....

Recommended Posts

I have all the same issues as above...tried all that was suggested, but it still has the same thing going on....what would be the next thing....can we still return them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 7:31 AM, MikeF said:

I have all the same issues as above...tried all that was suggested, but it still has the same thing going on....what would be the next thing....can we still return them?

@MikeF

 

I'm a customer like you. When we encounter issues we can't get resolved we turn to public forums for answers when we probably should have checked the forums before making our purchase. ūüėČ

 

My personal recommendation is to return your soundbar for a refund or for different brand, if your retailer will do that for you. It's really up to the retailer. I have not done this because I purchased my BAR 48 last November and my retailer is under no obligation to accept the return. In my opinion, Klipsch should not be suggesting we do this as it's not the retailer's responsibility to resolve issues with Klipsch products.

 

Have a look at this thread for other reasons why I suggest looking at a different brand.

Audio is coming but voice is not coming with new soundbar

 

You might be surprised at the number of BAR 48 issues that customers have encountered as is evident from these forum posts.

 

If you are unable to return your BAR 48, I have some additional recommendations in this thread:

BAR 48 Surround volume at max but can barely hear them

 

Please update this thread and let everyone know how you plan to proceed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I just received an email from Klipsch Tech support:

Quote
A new firmware update has been released for the Bar 48. Please go to www.klipsch.com/firmware and choose Bar 48 in the dropdown menu. Then enter in the serial number for your system and download the firmware update for your system. This update has resolved the low surround volume issue for customers.

Please let us know if this helps.

 

According to the firmware notes:

Quote

Version: v30 (S/N: 106655719280001 - 106655799999999)
Released: 05/15/2020
Region: Global

Bar 48 2.4GHz v30 - Change Log:

  • Enhanced volume output from surrounds
  • Removed noise from surrounds in certain use cases.
  • Addressed issue with Bluetooth playback
  • Corrected issue where previous Bluetooth device wouldn't auto connect
  • Misc noise issues on various input switches.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

After Klipsch just issue new V30, I already done upgraded this FW. The existing problem still couldnot be solved. I have many of bluetooth speakers. Only this my bar-48 could not be connect to any of my laptops. whereas these laptops can connect to all other of my bluetooth speakers except this bar-48. Please Help me.

 

 

36875.jpg

36882.jpg

36883.jpg

36878.jpg

36884.jpg

Edited by Kulanan
to show more these three laptops which could not be connect bluetooth to bar-48 and show more for bluetooth speakers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2020 at 6:09 PM, Kulanan said:

Please Help me.

@Kulanan

See my post from May 15, just above yours...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, KevinB said:

@Kulanan

See my post from May 15, just above yours...

My post has been done after I already upgraded latest FW v30 issued by 15/05/20. Existing problem still be the same old days. Blutooth can serve only for my all smart phone, not for my all laptops. I dont understand at all why this happen with ONLY my Bar-48.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kulanan said:

I dont understand at all why this happen with ONLY my Bar-48.

The BAR 48 has lots of issues that the latest firmware does not address. We all have BAR 48 issues and are waiting for fixes. You are not alone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello everybody. Sorry for my English. I have a newly purchased klipsch bar 48. I am from Argentina. I failed to pair my Samsung s8 or any device via bluetooth. I updated the firmware to the version of 5/15/2020 and it does not link either. The light is still flashing and the s8 says it is paired. The same with a motorola one. That could be happening?
Thank you all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2020 at 5:26 PM, Fernando Risso said:

Hello everybody. Sorry for my English. I have a newly purchased klipsch bar 48. I am from Argentina. I failed to pair my Samsung s8 or any device via bluetooth. I updated the firmware to the version of 5/15/2020 and it does not link either. The light is still flashing and the s8 says it is paired. The same with a motorola one. That could be happening?
Thank you all

@Fernando Risso

You have the latest firmware. That is the first step.

 

You can't tell from the BAR 48 what devices have been paired. If your devices show that they are paired with the BAR 48, then they are.

 

Once a device has been paired with the BAR 48, you then have to connect to the BAR 48 from the device before you can hear any sound from the soundbar. Make sure the volume level on your S8 and Motorola are at maximum and the volume level on the BAR 48 at an appropriate level. When using Bluetooth to play music, the source device will control the volume. A common issue is that the volume level on the source device is too low to hear any sound.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Kevin, thank you very much for answering.
my device (S8) is listed as linked to the bar, but the blue light on the bar keeps flashing. It is not solid.
 And the sound of the phone selling through the phone's internal speaker. Same goes for Motorola.
Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Fernando Risso

If you power off the soundbar then power it on, does the light still flash? You can also try to disconnect it from the power source, wait a minute, then reconnect it.

 

Once you have paired a device you should be able to connect without paring again. Select the Bluetooth source on the soundbar but don't hold the button down to force it to pair and see if your devices will connect.

 

I have noticed when I try to connect to my BAR 48 from my iPhone that it connects for a second then disconnects. I immediately connect a second time and the iPhone stays connected.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2020 at 2:13 PM, KevinB said:

@Fernando Risso

If you power off the soundbar then power it on, does the light still flash? You can also try to disconnect it from the power source, wait a minute, then reconnect it.

 

Once you have paired a device you should be able to connect without paring again. Select the Bluetooth source on the soundbar but don't hold the button down to force it to pair and see if your devices will connect.

 

I have noticed when I try to connect to my BAR 48 from my iPhone that it connects for a second then disconnects. I immediately connect a second time and the iPhone stays 

Hi Kevin.
Thank you very much again for answering me.
I was finally able to solve the problem.
Obviously the problem was with the pendrive. I had updated it with an 8 Gb pendrive. The light sequence made it as it should do to update, but it did not update.
I got a very old 2 Gb pendrive, and I did the process. It was perfect, now it connects, and it reconnects without problems.
Hope this works for users of this bar.
Thanks a lot again Kevin.
Greetings to all

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...