New to Klipsch - need opinion on matching in wall/ceiling

johanness

Hello all!

I just joined here after purchasing the start of my 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 system (I'm tending towards 5.1.4).  Our pre-sale townhouse will be completed next month, and it's been pre-wired (conduit) for 4 height speakers (ceiling) and 2 surround (wall).

My current system consists of two new RP 8000's and a RP 504 center channel - powered by a Marantz SR7013.  I'm also running a Martin Logan Dynamo 700.

I'm looking for advice on which Klipsch in-wall or in-ceiling speakers will match the sound of my RP series front stage?  Your opinions are most welcome.

Thanks!

p.s. This is a living room build and not some dedicated media room (wishful thinking).

Edited by johanness
added info

HI Johannes 

For in-ceiling speakers, the best matching ones would be the PRO-160RPC or the PRO-180RPC. For in-wall speakers, the PRO-160RPW or the PRO-180RPW. Im not a 100% on this, but I think they come with white covers. You can always paint them over though!

7 hours ago, HenrikTJ said:

HI Johannes 

For in-ceiling speakers, the best matching ones would be the PRO-160RPC or the PRO-180RPC. For in-wall speakers, the PRO-160RPW or the PRO-180RPW. Im not a 100% on this, but I think they come with white covers. You can always paint them over though!

Thanks for your response!

I agree with @HenrikTJ regarding the PRO series (I have the PRO-180RPC's).

11 hours ago, HenrikTJ said:

Im not a 100% on this, but I think they come with white covers. You can always paint them over though!

They do come with white covers, although when mounted on a while ceiling, they're actually more an off white or grey shade. Here's what mine look like for what it's worth...

Klipsch-Forum-Profile.thumb.jpg.4958a430f7bf8576681115a4682c8e69.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 10:37 PM, inMotionGraphics said:

I agree with @HenrikTJ regarding the PRO series (I have the PRO-180RPC's).

They do come with white covers, although when mounted on a while ceiling, they're actually more an off white or grey shade. Here's what mine look like for what it's worth...

Klipsch-Forum-Profile.thumb.jpg.4958a430f7bf8576681115a4682c8e69.jpg

interesting. I was hoping for more blend. They could probably be painted to match no? Those stick out quite a bit

4 hours ago, johanness said:

They could probably be painted to match no? Those stick out quite a bit

Yes, they can definitely be painted, and are designed to be painted. The owners manual provides basic instructions, but you'll also find tips and advice on this forum when it comes to painting these grills.