What The Hell, George !

pgh

News : Georges Lucas Studio, Skywalker Sound Uses B&W

George Lucas recording studio, Skywalker Sound features new B&W Nautilus 802's surround system

"We are extremely proud that Skywalker Sound has chosen the Nautilus 802s for their new 5.1 recording studio. The Nautilus 802s are unique in their ability to exploit fully the rigorously demanding dynamic range of the best modern recordings, and they do so with the lowest distortion or coloration ever achieved by such designs. Skywalkers choice further solidifies the position that our Nautilus Series of loudspeakers set the benchmark to which others are compared."

Come On Klipsch People! I thought we had an "in" here.

And George, you are an AMERICAN, aren't you (traitor)?

Or maybe Georgie Boy is still out in the galaxy far, far away!

If you Indiana boys need me to fly out to Skywalker Ranch to "visit" with George, just post the number of that first class airfare so I can pick up my ticket.

Brothers In ARMS Klipsch Speakers

1.gif3.gif11.gif

----------------

On 11/10/2002 10:02:19 PM oogins wrote:

What's wrong with the 802's? I think they're kick *** speakers.
10.gif

I'm aware this is the Klipsch Forum, but I just happen to love B&W as well.
1.gif

----------------

Split Personality.3.gif2.gif9.gif

The B&W Nautilus are more neutral and detailed.Sorry but its true

Oh the Nautilus 801...DROOL

Klipsch makes some fine speakers,but the large Dunlavy/Dynaudio/JM Lab/B&W/Wilson/Avalon/Thiel are cream of the crop.I heard a horde of speakers in my life.Tried a good few at home and the above transported me to the event.

3.gif

For HT its hard to argue againt a complete RF7 system,its next to greatness.

I only own B&W 602s from the B&W line. I love them. They are smoother through the audible range (less peak frequencies, less chance of sound of certain frequencies bouncing around the room too). The extreme high frequencies are also captured better by the B&Ws. And the warmth and timbre of instruments and voices become more apparent with B&Ws. The B&W will make great recordings sound great and poor recordings sound poor.

I switched back to Klipschs because I missed the incredible dynamics and wide sound dispersion offered by the Klipsch speaker. I also liked how the Klipshc made great recordings sound great, and poor recordings sound as good as they can be.

I still listen to my B&Ws. I still wish that a Klipsch could deliver some of the sounds that I hear on my B&Ws. I still wish the B&W could capture some of the raw dynamic that makes music played through the Klipsch speakers (good AND bad recordings) so alive.

I wouldn't worry too much about Lucas switching to B&W for analysis of their recordings. I'd bet they still listen to Klipsches when they show the final screening.