technical questions

mopar dave

The K-57-K is used in the Cornwall II, I have a Cornwall II made in 1989 and it uses this midrange along with a K-79-K tweeter and a K-34-E woofer. Earlier Cornwalls used a K-77 tweeter a K-55 midrange and a K-33 woofer. The actual horn on the K-57 is identical to that used on earlier cornwalls other than its made of plastic, my horn is a K-601 earlier ones are a K-600.

Hope this helps. Dan

----------------

On 11/11/2002 6:30:58 PM mopar dave wrote:

thanks for the reply on the k57 mid for the cornwall. this helps a bunch, but will the k57 work with a B network? dave
1.gif

----------------

Dave,

My 1984 vintage Cornwall Is have the K57 mids used in the later model IIs.It is used with the B3 crossover.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

thank you for the reply. this helps a bunch, but i was hoping that the k57 would work with a B network. i can build one of those out of a E network. the B3 is a little to complicated for me to build. i also have a pair of k55m mid drivers, can these be used with a B network in a cornwall? dave

thanks djk for the reply. i just purchased two k57 mid drivers off ebay. the guy told me there were adapters available to convert to screw on drivers. is this true or false? i want to use a pair of k55m screw on drivers to go with a B network. why is it that k57's wont work with a B network? dave6.gif