S.E.T impressions

Deang

mobile, please post the link to this site! 9.gif

I am somewhat down in the dumper as well. My job with the same company for the last 20 years is coming to an end on February 28th. For the last 2 years, I have been working out of my house and it has been wonderful. I will now have to find a job to support the house that I cannot afford on my current salary. The other thing is Florida dollars do not add up to DC dollars. Basically, I'm screwed. Noone to blame but myself, however...

Mike

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I write software. Unfortunately, it is with old world hardware and software (DEC VAX and Cobol). If I can find a job in this environment, I am worth my weight in gold. Not to be, however. I am self taught in some of the newer stuff (Visual Basic and Access) and am pretty familiar with SQL and Relational Databases...

Mike

Edit: If anybody is hiring, I would like to add that I am very good at what I do. 1.gif

No, I do Cisco routers and switches. However, I see ads in the paper all the time for Oracle Database Admin people. Oracle may not be hiring, but it sure does seem like there is a shortage of these folks in the Dayton, Columbus, & Cincinnati areas.