WTB klipsch k-500 horn pair

Speakerfritz

Ahhhh....the elusive K-500 horns.  Yes, those will be interesting to find.  I just happen to luck into the grills & horns when I built a set and if I wouldn't have found them, I was going to either make them a 2-way using the Faital drivers & horns sold by Crites or use the Fastrac mid horn kit.  Both would require making the top section a little taller but that's no biggie.   I see where you posted about this in a similar thread a year ago.  They are definitely going to be hard to find.  If I decide to switch to a 2-way, I'll let you know.  ;)

20 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

Altec 511B horns spec to 500hz - yes?

Altec 511b and the 811b are notorious for ringing which can not be made to stop though it can be lowered in amplitude but never eliminated there are volumes of efforts in this direction on the web there are better horns out there, why not look to superior modern designs? If you want a mid horn only then the horn used in the Quartet Forte ll and the Chorus ll is a fine horn in its band (a hibrid tractrix design) though it is long so you will need to accommodate that in your cabinet making it as deep as the models mentioned.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, moray james said:

If you want a mid horn only then the horn used in the Quartet Forte ll and the Chorus ll is a fine horn in its band (a hibrid tractrix design) though it is long so you will need to accommodate that in your cabinet making it as deep as the models mentioned.

If the Chorus II horn will fit in a Cornwall, it will fit in a Belle cabinet, too, since it's under 12" in depth minus the driver.  Cornwall depth is around 15-1/4" where the Belles are 18-3/4" deep.