Uncertain about my choices, and want opinions

partaymon

Partymon - I am with you. I have kept heritage stuff in storage over the years searching through other speakers and when I made my final return I questioned why I EVER took them out of service for any time. You'll not be faced regretting a sale of heritage speakers (as I did a couple of decades ago - to finance some planars - stupid, stupid, stupid) this way.

As to marraige - I have a different opinion. We have been together 30 years, 28 married and I have so few regrets that they are not worth mentioning. Finding such a good friend that looks past some of the more obvious flaws and is always there when needed is such an extraordinary life experience that even a failed attempt is a valuable exercise. Please understand that I am an interesting person to live with - This week's passion is audio, next week video, the next is my roadster, the next is work and with winter approaching I'll throw in a few weeks of skiing passion. I (and others that know me) admire her tolerance...

Mr. Watkins (I'm asuming...) I sincerely hope that Tina and I have that kind of future ahead of us. She has been extremely tolerant of my "hobbies" over the years. I have a number of interests that she doesn't share-- audio and home theater, shooting, deep sea fishing and mortorcyclying (My passion is motorcycles... 'sporting' motorcycles, not to put too fine a point on it--- several of her uncles ride Harleys and she just... can't... quite... see... why I like to be able to drag a knee in the twisty bits.) Oh well. She allows me to indulge my hobbies, and tolerates my obsession. Although when I expressed an interest in roadracing (in the Novice Class, of course,-- she was quick to point out that broken bones don't heal that quickly when one's pushing 40!9.gif )

Horn Ed! Ed... I know,... after reading your numerous, poignant, thought-provoking, and heartfelt posts... what you, and those close to you are going through because of your illness. Tina and I have both lost family members before their time; I have only this advice:

Take that motorhome of yours and go wherever the winds might whisper! Choose 'Carpe Diem!' as your battle cry! Go out and travel! Travel to the ends of the Earth and back!

(Or at least to few choice stops along the way-- my favorite being Key West for Marlin fishing... followed by a few tasty beverages with friends, of course!2.gif )

I'm a bit late on this thread, but I'm very pleased to hear that you are going with the LaScalas.

Those speakers will be with you for a lifetime. Even if you store the 3 unused LaScalas for 5 years, you'll never regret holding on to them, but as previously mentioned, you'll be forever kicking yourself if you get rid of them. You'll never need to replace them in your lifetime if given some common sense care. How many products out there deliver this kind of performance and longevity??

I am most fortunate because my wife loves the Klipsch sound (as well as the antique-ish retro look) of our Cornwalls and Chorus. Certainly no WAF problems here. However, if your wife has a musical bone in her body, she will become attached to them too, even if they are a bit big. Given that you are building a house in the future, you can build it to suit your LaScala habit while still having plenty of living space. Most who have Klipsch/WAF troubles aren't this lucky. Hopefully your wife will go along, for the benefit of your ears - and hers.