HF-81 Kiwame Resistors and Auricaps

NOSValves

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I not say I was in love with your downstair carpet (despite the panel walls)! heh... freak. Where's the respect? And after all those little roll-over deang system pics to make you happy and giddy with glee!

Yeah, Hell, I like the DQ-10 with classical and top notch fully Class A SS! I heard them in a great setup with this retired professor freak who was not always at home but had a damn fine setup and more records than sense.

Listen, I am trying to save you from heartache-headache-earache-backache!

Mobile,

Have you any Idea on the 299A from Pat just curious. Do you still love me enough to let me do it up for you ??

I'm still interested in that A-4 project we were discussing also. Lets not let these small little tiffs get in the way of are audio fun here !!

Craig

Craig, just got off the phone with Pat awhile ago.

What a super nice guy with a great sense of humor as well - Great to talk to.

In between fretting over his rather ambiguous Klipschorn deal that even made ME a bit nervous, we talked about the Scott 299a. I'll get back to you via mail.

Appreciate the offer and I havent forgotten the A-4 option either. Talk to you in a bit.

kelly

Sounds good.

I just finished rebiulding my new 299B what a amp !!!! Great Iron with great Lower and upper extention. I love it !!! I knew I would because I had just went over one for another member and hated seeing it go. The one thing that I find slightly bothersome is the Kiwame resistors they are as noisy as the Scott Original Allen Brady's . One good thing about them is they also have all the warmth. Just to much hiss for my Liking. Maybe this will settle in some I don't know. If it doesn't out they come and on to something else !! Actually Xicons 1 % Metal Films after extended break in sound real nice and are almost dead silient a great bargin for 30 cents a piece. There harsh at first but mellow with breakin. Mike linsay obviously loves them and I believe the breakin is why he keeps saying his amp just gets better and better.

This 299B is in incredibly good shape !! I mean 9.5 out of 10 . I just love it.

Craig

PS I would love to do both amps. First I think you should get a top notch Scott to give your opinion with your great ears and the A4 so I can give a EL-34s a try never know if your thinking of selling it maybe we can strike a deal on it.