What brand of interconnects are you using?

shoe11

Ok everyone. Shoe took the next step to audio nirvana. I've officially entered the world of hi-fi seperates. The Denon is gonna hang around for HT duty, but tonight I picked up the complete Rotel setup in silver that you see in my signature. I'm loving life. My beloved BB King and Lucille never sounded so good to me. I'm still new to hi-fi, but I can say that the Rotel's definitely provide a much fuller, warmer sound with greater dynamics and clarity than my Denon 3802. I plan to try the Kimber Hero, AQ Corals, and Diamondbacks once I give my new gear some time to break in and buy whichever one I prefer. From what I've read the Rotel gear doesn't really open up until about 50 hours or so. The RB-1070 at 130x2 (which I've heard is a conservative number) pushes the RF-3's effortlessly. Definitely glad that I made the switch.

~shoe

Shoe

congrats on your progression.

I went components in '84 and never looked back. That is why my current 5.1 HT has 6 amps. (Soon to be 7.1) No other way to go.

In most amps, there are too many common ground points or shared transformers. Evan in the McIntosh. To get the best separation, it is always best to have monoblocks IMO.

As far as interconnects go, I did my new system in all Cobalt Cable. John (owner of CC) was great. Let me demo stuff for free, gave me plently of time to listen etc.... Evan gave me a 2M cable for free.

JM

shoe,

congrats on the upgraded electronics, bet they look and sound great! I have used audioquest diamondback, monster M550i and MIT Terminator 2 interconnects mostly and am quite happy with them, perhaps the audioquest cables have pleased me most (though I expected some sort of magic from the MITs nothing so far...lol!). I also enjoyed my audioquest speaker cables before changing to some pricey Cardas speaker cables recently (some Van den Hul D - 352 HYBRID speaker cables I use in my bedroom system sound quite good as well!). best of luck, tony

Some interconnects I use ...

Monster M550

Monster M850

Monster M1000(from Sunfire Pre/Pro to amps)

Cardas GoldenCross(from preamp to amp)

And a good few more from UltraLink,Transparent,Tributairies and AudioQuest

Poor me,too many cables and interconects to remember all the model numbers

3.gif

i use broadcast quality cables made by a company called markertek, my interconnects are canare quad shiled cables with canare machined rcas these cables are very well made and cheap in cost they look good too. you can get them in lengths up 50 feet and in like 9 colors. for S/PDIF digital coax i also use markertek made cables which use canare 75 ohm connectors.

these cables are what the tv and radio stations use they are extreamely heavy i was messing around one day and whiping one around and hit a sheet rock wall and it made a hole :)i have used monster and other mass retail cables and have had the rca's rip apart when disconneting equipment not posible with these cables they are 100% metal construction with strain releaves and precision machined.

these guys sell just about anything for audio video editing.

www.markertek.com

you can also check out canare to get detailed info on there products the quad sheiled cable and connectors at

www.canare.com

be warned searching there site is a pain but wort it in price/performace of the products they sell. a six foot interconnect is around 15.00 (not sold in pairs)

Professional Mic/Audio Cables! EXCLUSIVE MARKERTEK AUDIO CABLES are designed to use with microphones but are also excellent for line-level signals (i.e. mixer to power amps). Special 4 conductor configuration plus high shield density reduce hum and noise to less than 10% of conventional 2-conductor mic cables. Special construction also reduces handling noise while maintaining excellent flexibility. High density braided shield blocks electrostatic noise to eliminate annoying hum, buzz and radio interference. 4-conductor design cancels electro-magnetically induced noise from SCR dimmers and fluorescent lights. Excellent frequency response is preserved due to low capacitance provided by dielectric qualities of Polyethylene insulation. Handling noise is prevented by use of cotton filter material. Super flexibility results from using large numbers of thin wire strands, plus PVC jacket that remains pliant at extremely low temperatures (brittle point is -56 deg F); no wall between cold shipping and installation.

10 COLORS! Large color selection aids in cable identification and decor coordination. Available colors: Black, Brown, Grey, Green, Orange, Purple, Red, Yellow & White. Be sure you specify your cable choice if you would like a color other than Black. Cables listed are supplied in Black. Quantity Discounts Apply, Please Call For Pricing !!

I'm going to replace my cables (audio and video) after the first of the new year, when I move my HT system from an entertainment center to a Sorice open rack (so I can get to my connections alot easier). At present I am using mostly Radio Shack cables with gold connectors. I recently had a problem with the RS connectors being so tight it pull a piece of the input out of my TV. Fortunately I was able to get it back in, but it was a hassle.I don't want to damage all of my components because of these cables.

I'm considering Acoustic Research and a Monster sub cable. Has anyone had any problems with any other cable connectors being too tight. Anything I should avoid? Any input would be greatly appreciated.