Can't get any sound through optical connection Bar 48

shric

I just received a new Bar 48 and I need to use the optical connection, not having an HDMI ARC port on my tv. I cannot get any sound out of the bar through this connection. I paired it to my iPhone and I can play music just fine. I have attempted a firmware update but it will not work the way the instructions indicate. Any help would be appreciated. I have open a ticket with support, FYI.

Thanks,

shric

23 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

You might need go to Settings on your TV, select Audio, then Digital Optical, then PCM. Different TV brands may use other names on their menus, but this should help you figure it out.

I did try that my TV is an older Panasonic plasma it doesn't have much but turn the tv speakers off or on. I actually use the optical connection to connect to my surround sound so it must be active. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I have a ticket in with Klipsch but it's been two days and haven't heard anything. I may just have to return it and find something else.

Welcome to the forum and having had an older Panny plasma, just wondering if you are not fully into

the set's audio menu where what

the above poster above was referring to.

Meanwhile, is there a stereo analog input from your bar to your

surround amplifier.

Those firmware updates can be tedious. Thanks!

18 hours ago, billybob said:

Welcome to the forum and having had an older Panny plasma, just wondering if you are not fully into

the set's audio menu where what

the above poster above was referring to.

Meanwhile, is there a stereo analog input from your bar to your

surround amplifier.

Those firmware updates can be tedious. Thanks!

Thanks for the response. The only setting on the TV audio under "advanced setup"  are turn the speakers off/on and the 3 HDMI input types. I also tried connecting the optical output from the Directv box to the  Bar 48 optical and couldn't get any sound. Do any of these Klipsch bars ever have bad ports? Thanks again.

• Like 1

Go to the home theater sub-forum here and look there for the Bar48.

Some members here have posted different problems there. You may find info that is helpful. You can also do a simple search of the archive here. You may have a better response in that forum.

4 hours ago, billybob said:

Go to the home theater sub-forum here and look there for the Bar48.

Some members here have posted different problems there. You may find info that is helpful. You can also do a simple search of the archive here. You may have a better response in that forum.

Thank you!

• Like 1