RSW-15 w/RF-3's or RSW-12 w/RF-7's???

shoe11

Alright well after my detour to acquire my Rotel seperates, I'm still considering an upgrade to one of the two scenarios above. You people are a terrible influence. All I keep thinking about is "Upgrade, Upgrade". Driving me crazy I tell you! 3.gif

With my feelings on this upgrade addiction I presently find myself in stated above, which would you prefer and which do you think gives the most bang for the buck? My current thinking is that the RF-7's would not be substantially better than the RF-3's at least in the mid to upper and that the RSW-15 could give another nice bump in the low range for the RF-3's. Or it could be that the RF-7's are substantially better than the RF-3's and the jump from RSW-12 to 15 would provide, but a minimal difference to my current setup.

Fire away everyone and let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.

~shoe

RF7s with RSW12. That is what I had for a while until I added my RSW15 and belive me it was still impressive with only the 12.

One other thing too, I HAD the RF3-IIs... Not that they were a bad speaker, but as Kain said, the 7's are a much better speaker. I can confirm that with my own personal experiance. Anway I upgraded to the 7's and have never looked back.

Shoe,

The RF7's clean houseas good as the RF3II's are they dont compere too well.First the RF7's are more detailed in the upper range,almost no compression where the RF3II's start to collapse.And a upper bass impact RF3's or RF5's cant match.

Simply put the RF7's are in a higher league,the heavuweights.And they dont really need a subwoofer if you use a solid power amp with guts.

The RSW15 will add more impact and low end to the RF7's.Both combined will pound as hard as any sane person can stand,all with no strain!

1.gif

Klipsch RSW15 and Revel B15 are the PUNCH champs.The Ultra us the king of deep,as well as the Aerial SW12.The HGS18 is a bit of both,good punch and goes as low as the Ultra with less output.

There is a sub for any taste.Me I dont make choices,just gather them all with time. 9.gif

Ear,

Just out of curosity, how would a SVS Ultra, say only one, sound with a RSW-15? What I was thinking, is the RSW-15 would carry the punch, while the SVS would could pick up in the lower frequencies were the RSW-15 leaves off. Would it just produce a muddy mess, or would it sound good? Ya, I know it's all subjective to ones taste, but I was just hoping for an idea.