No center on top of Sony?

Pretior

Hi,

I guess it would depend on the Klipsch center channel in question.

I had a Klipsch KSC-C1 on top of my 14" toshiba for a while and had no problems at all.

The KSC-C1 however is not that big as far as Klipsch center channels go.

In my opinion(and that of others) the KSC-C1 sounds better than anything Bose markets as a center channel, the same goes for what I have heard of Sony.

Obviously something like a belle or a lascala would crush a 36" tv unless the tv was built like a brick outhouse.

Let us know what Klipsch center channel you are thinking about to give us an idea of the weight in question.

Peace, Josh

This isn't gonna work on top, the flat part of the top isn't 3" deep and the TV sticks out so far from the wall. What do you folks use, sticky tape? I'm a minimalist, with just a rack. Was going with RF-3II @ 4 speakers, RC-3, SVS 20-39 PCi, and Denon 2802. Spent months putting this plan together, only to be foiled by logistics. RC-3 specs:

DIMENSIONS (H x W x D): 7.9" (20.1cm) x 22.9" (58.2cm) x 9" (22.8cm)

WEIGHT: 29 lbs. (13.18kg)

Yeah,

Actually I taped a block of wood to back of my tv to support my center channel, but hey it worked.

Now though I have a rack I built out of 13 ply birch plywood and 3/8" threaded rod from home depot.

My rack has a shelf underneath my tv for my center channel and it works quite nicely.

Also due to the fact that the threaded rod is adjustable I can always change the vertical spacing when I get more gear.

Peace, Josh

I built an upside down U shaped stand for my Academy center channel out of 2 x 10 inch lumber. Very simple to set up - 3 pieces of lumber, sandpaper, stain, varnish, and a dozen nails was all it took (and a little labor). The sides of the upside down U stand on the floor and extend to the top of the TV - the "bottom" of the upside down U runs across the top. The Academy is at a "near perfect" position, at ear level, and very close to the level of the tweeter/squawker in my Cornwalls. It's rock solid, too - it holds the weight of the Academy with ease.

The "Center Chanel Power Arch" sounds good, but needs some cross-bracing? Maybe a 2" strip under the top will do. I'd go all out and even cut 45 degree angles, spraypaint to match Sony.

Got to look see what the furniture ppl are doing on the HT forums, don't have to waste precious electronics budget on furniture! :)