Need a comparison

djphllps

im currently using a quintet 5.0 setup with a bic sub ....im thinking of swapping out my front l/r with r-51m speakers and the center with an r-52c but im having trouble finding comparisons online to ensure im not making a lateral move here. Im using a Denon avr-x2600h.

Edited by djphllps

i ended up going with a rp500c and rp500m bookshelves.  Killed my budget but based on the specs and what reviews i have read at least i know ill be getting an upgrade.  Now my only question would be if you think i could use my current F/L speakers from the quintet 5.0 set as atmos speakers i currently have them in the top front corners of my living room so i kinda figured i wouldnt even need to relocate them if i used them as such.  End result being the RP500c and the rp500m's in the front central part of my living room the 500m's being about 8ft apart  the quintet (atmos) speakers being about 6 foot upward at a 45 degree angle from the 500m's on the same wall.....  my other quintet surrounds being to either side of the listening positions 15ft from the front speakers.   Thoughts and or suggestions?

• Like 1

Ok speakers are connected and I've been breaking them in at -25db.....I've been doing some reading and I'm wondering if im supposed to be able to safely put the volume at 0db....I've been limiting my volume to -10db up until now but that was with my quintet 5.0 speakers.  Mind you I don't think I'll need to put them last -10db but I'm curious none the less....the speakers have a sensitivity of 93db ish but idk how that translates to my recievers volume scale.  I downloaded a DB meter app and it showed at -25db I was ranging from 60db to 100db....but these speakers can do much more and I don't even feel like they are working hard at -25.  Anyways Any and all education anyone can throw at me would be appreciated. Also i love these speakers so far thanks for the good advice.

If your Denon has an auto setup like Audyssey, run it and then it will calibrate your speakers so that 0dB is Reference level.  You'll have to look up the particulars on your receiver as to what dB that equates to.  It will be massively loud, that's for sure.  😄

As long as you don't hear audible distortion you won't be damaging your speakers. 

• Like 1

Good info ty....also I'm not sure I've ever heard distortion from any of my klipsch speakers and I put them pretty loud these things are nuts..... Well at least my old ones I haven't put these new ones to max volume yet.....Oh that reminds me do I have to break the speakers in at a specific volume ratio like 70% or something or is it okay to hit max volume while I'm breaking them in for some reason all of the break in guides don't say that

Edited by djphllps