?4orangepeal

ScottyYo

I was reading a post about LOTR and you mentioned bottoming out and damaging your sub b/c the DVD was 10 -15 db's hot. My question is @ what volume did you have your receiver set, and what did you use to calibrate your system? My system is in the works, and I too was going to get the SVS PC Plus 20-39. Further what did SVS do to fix your problem? I have only heard excellent thigs about their customer service. One more thing. What is your opinion of this sub as far music goes? Thanks!

Ok lets begin....

I had my HK AVR 520 at about reference, which I set to -25. Which was SPL metered at around 80db's. My sub must have been much higher because the RF-3's and such weren't budging, they were sounding great. I used the Radio Shack SPL meter, analog version.

SVS took VERY good care of me. Tom replied back to many emails we exchanged, they sent me out a brand new driver free of charge, paid to and from shipping, and included a free t-shirt for "my" inconvenience. Amazing customer service. I'm an SVS owner and buyer for life.

The sub is in one word "spectacular!!!" I can't have asked for more in a sub. I owned the Polk Audio PSW650 before this, and man, this sub stomps that PSW650 in the ground.

Movies of course the SVS shines in. And in music it sounds amazing, keeps up with my RF's no problem, and blends wonderfully!

You won't be sorry or regret buying it if you do, promise! I haven't met a SVS owner that wasn't happy.