Klipsch Tangent 4000 and Tangent 5000

Msuwendy

14 hours ago, Alexander said:

You mention new stuffing, what was used? The OEM both use sheets of foam rubber roughly 12” x 36” or so. Were these replaced with something else? Was something added in addition to the OEM foam? Not trying to imply anything just curious.

I did cover the wall area of the cabinet internal with the egg crates foam fully untill there is no surface area, is that the reason why its missing the bass?

Ill reply my own question, manage to uninstall the stuffing and put in the original, yes ive notice a changes in bass, it feels lighter and resonates easily ill get back after a few hours of listening

So after extended listening and comparing tangent 4000 and tangent 500,i come to a conclusion both of them are different and one doesnt better than the other in bass department (i wont discuss the tweeter and squawker cause they do share similarities to eash other).

The T500 (after back to original stuffing) sounds more bigger and broader, the bass is rounder (due to the passive i think)and lighter (less stuffing)

The T4000 (i do stuff a lot) they have much more heavy bass i think due to the stuffings and porting, while not as wide and broad the T4000 have its own characteristic

I hope my experience can help fellow members to understand the differences between them

I realize that the T500 share similarities with the first forte

• Like 2