Magnolia/ Best Buy - Stellar Service

Fido

I purchased a Node2i at Magnolia/Best Buy back in January of this year. At some point it started generating a lot of static. Searching on line I found some clock settings that needed to be turned off but I still had some misc static. This static went away when I bypassed my external DAC and went RCA outs to my Integrated. I also took tried my CD player thru my external Dac and found no static issues. I then found that a factory reset eliminated the static and I could use the coaxial cable to my external DAC but that only lasted a few hours and the static was back. I repeated this several times to no avail. I put an email out to Bluesound and they responded but wanted logs etc and all this diagnostic info. Frustrated I went to Magnolia and 'no questions asked' they ordered me a replacement. Picked it up today and the new Node 2i played thru my coaxial cable to my external DAC sounds fantastic with ZERO hint of any static. 

So many people are critical on this forum of so many things but I was very impressed how quickly Magnolia/Best Buy solved my streamer problem . Kudos to Magnolia - I would definitely buy audio gear from them again.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Fido said:

I purchased a Node2i at Magnolia/Best Buy back in January of this year. At some point it started generating a lot of static. Searching on line I found some clock settings that needed to be turned off but I still had some misc static. This static went away when I bypassed my external DAC and went RCA outs to my Integrated. I also took tried my CD player thru my external Dac and found no static issues. I then found that a factory reset eliminated the static and I could use the coaxial cable to my external DAC but that only lasted a few hours and the static was back. I repeated this several times to no avail. I put an email out to Bluesound and they responded but wanted logs etc and all this diagnostic info. Frustrated I went to Magnolia and 'no questions asked' they ordered me a replacement. Picked it up today and the new Node 2i played thru my coaxial cable to my external DAC sounds fantastic with ZERO hint of any static. 

So many people are critical on this forum of so many things but I was very impressed how quickly Magnolia/Best Buy solved my streamer problem . Kudos to Magnolia - I would definitely buy audio gear from them again.

A friend of mine is a great fan of theme parks. He travels the world to visit them. Some time ago, he'd bought a compact panasonic lumix camera for his trip to the US. While on an attraction, he dropped the camera. It had obvious damage from the fall and no longer operated at all. When he got back, still within the 30 days no questions asked period after purchase, he brought it back to the shop. He honestly explained what had happened and requested how much the repair would cost. "I can do better than that, my friend," was the answer and he got a brand new camera. I guess this is how one builds buyer's loyalty. This was Colruyt Group, Belgium, Collishop.

Fine customer service is hard to find and not to be shared as truth for it will
go into the ether to never be experienced again. It’s never the company, but always the person or people.

ps I remember barely passing the negativity test when joining this forum. I’m reminded daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

btw - my new node 2i had some serious listening time this afternoon and the new replacement actually sounds so much better than my original one. I don't know if the updated software on the new Node is improved or what makes this one sound so much better but there is no doubt the Tidal songs I have streamed sound like they are coming from a MUCH improved streamer.

Maybe my defective unit was more messed up than just the static problems I was having. Nice to feel like the Node 2i is a great addition to the rest of my audio setup