Cinema 600 vs Bar 48 sound bars - which is better?

btlancaster24

Hoping to get some feedback / recommendations for the best Klipsch soundbar to go with between the Cinema 600 vs the Bar 48?  Anyone tried these that can give some thoughts and impressions between the two?  They both cost $499 each.  I'm not really sold on "wireless" vs hardwired.  And front firing would be better for the sub.  But, unfortunately, the soundbars all come with down firing subs.  Plus, I live in an upstairs apartment with a woman in her 60's below me.  Her living room is right below mine.  So, I'm not sure if a soundbar is gonna be the best option for my living situation or maybe another set-up such as either satellites or bookshelf speakers with a front firing sub.  What do you guys think? 

Edited by btlancaster24

@btlancaster24

The Cinema 600 is the newer soundbar.

• Both soundbars have essentially the same features including a "Night" feature to disable the subwooder.
  • The Cinema 600 has a larger subwoofer, higher power, and slightly better frequency response according to the specs.

The BAR 48 has a number of issues, some of which may have been corrected. To learn more, search the community for "BAR 48".

I have no hands on experience with the Cinema 600 but know the BAR 48 all too well. I would probably go with the Cinema 600.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, the surround 3 speaker are the ones that need to be used with the cinema 600.

I just got a cinema 600 replacement for my bar 48. All the issues identified with the bar 48 appear to have been resolved with the cinema 600. We finally have control over the volume on the surround 3 speakers. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2021 at 7:18 PM, btlancaster24 said:

Hoping to get some feedback / recommendations for the best Klipsch soundbar to go with between the Cinema 600 vs the Bar 48? 

... and the winner is: the Cinema 600.

In short, the Cinema 600 is everything the BAR 48 should have been. 

The Cinema 600 is a new soundbar. It's been available in the US for several weeks and is just becoming available in Canada. It looks a lot like the BAR 40 or the BAR 48 and while both these soundbars may still be available from some retailers they have been removed from the list of soundbars on the Klipsch website. I think it is safe to say the the Cinema series is the replacement for the BAR series.

Here are the specifications and manuals for both products.

BAR 48 Sound Bar + Wireless Subwoofer Spec Sheet

BAR 48 Sound Bar + Wireless Subwoofer Manual

Klipsch Cinema 600 Sound Bar Spec Sheet

Klipsch Cinema 600 Sound Bar Manual

Specifications are great, as far as they go, but they don't tell you about potential issues so let me clear up that point now. All the BAR 48 issues I identified and reported appear to have been resolved on my Cinema 600 with Surround 3 speakers. That pretty much includes all the BAR 48 issues discussed in these community forums!