Interesting home theater observation (or lack thereof)

wuzzzer

My wife and I have a business where we do 50/50 residential/commercial cleaning.  It's always surprised me that none of the houses we clean ever have any kind of a home theater.  Soundbars, really tiny Panasonic speakers, etc, are the norm.  This includes a multi-million dollar lake home and other high-value homes (for our area, at least).

Today we started cleaning for an older gentleman who just moved into his house about a month ago.  I walked into his basement to be surprised with a complete Bowers & Wilkins 5.1 setup.  I believe the fronts were model 705 bookshelf speakers, the ones with the tweeters on top in their own little module.  He had a really nice newer Marantz receiver.  TV was an older set, probably around a 42" 1080p Samsung.

I looked up the bookshelves and it looks like they're around $3,000 new!  That surprised me quite a bit.

I didn't get a chance to compliment him on them since he left when we arrived and hadn't yet returned before we left.

Maybe next time he'll let me play some tunes while I'm vacuuming.  🙂

Among my friends, i am the only one who has a real stereo set-up, let alone HT. Either they don´t have the space or it´s  homes where music is only a background and not actively listened to. Everybody has an Amazon-, Netflix- etc. account, but watches on their laptops or phones...

Maybe it´s an era of music & movies on the go? Often i hear opinions like: "It´s just music, why all the hussle...". or "Too exppensive." or "Too complicated.". Are we geeks? I mean we are, but, we are in the age of "Fast". I´m rummagin´...

• Like 2