Home Theater Design Question

George Flory

Hi everyone!!   This may be a totally silly question, but I am finishing my basement including a new home theater.  I am a bit compressed on floor space.  I wanted to buy the RP-4000F 5.1 HOME THEATER SYSTEM, but I would need to mount the Front Left and Front Right on the wall (maybe horizontally).  Do the RP-4000 speakers need to sitting on the floor?

• Like 1

Hi George!

Well, the thing is that the rp-4000f are floorstanders, and hence the name need to be, and are designed only for standing on the floor vertically. This is also a ported speaker design, which means that it has a port/hole on the back of it. Placing this type of speaker right up against a wall, blocking of that port, would in fact change/lessen the sound experience from what it was meant to be.

In addition, the speakers are about 34 inches (aprox. 90cm) tall and trying to mount them on a wall horizontally would probably be a nightmare, not only because of the height, but also the weight, the lack of any mounting holes on the back of the speaker and how ridiculous it would look. It would be like having soundbars placed horizontaly on the walls acting like fronts. I dont mean to be rude, but this feels like a question you could have easily answered yourself by simply looking up the product page of the RP-4000f and looked at the dimensions.

So, do the rp-4000f need to stand vertically on the floor: Yes it absolutely does! No exceptions. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, George Flory said:

Hi everyone!!   This may be a totally silly question, but I am finishing my basement including a new home theater.  I am a bit compressed on floor space.  I wanted to buy the RP-4000F 5.1 HOME THEATER SYSTEM, but I would need to mount the Front Left and Front Right on the wall (maybe horizontally).  Do the RP-4000 speakers need to sitting on the floor?

Welcome to the forum!

Yes they do it on the floor.

Little space taken.