Tannoy Stirling SE or Klipsh Heresy III for NAIM Atom (Nova)?

superelmar

Hi fellas!

After sold my tube equipment (close to 30K€) ,decided to downsize, less boxes, cables, etc and went for the NAIM and I'm super pleased with it (based on Steve Huff review), I'm also thinking in the near future jump to the NOVA for more muscle.

So I'm a sucker for BBC monitor , like the form factor and size, but eventually I found myself missing some lively, presence or soundstage whatever it calls. 

So from ProAc 2Dr, Spendor A7, 2/3, PMC, ATC, etc etc I went to a conclusion: will invest little bit more this time and start with best speakers I can get which brings me to these 2 options, what You think for my AMP (and future nova and for sure another 300B)?

Cause if I have to put the monitor on a Stand, it doesn't make too much sense to me and I can replace better with floor standing. 

Mandatory I can put them close to wall, 30-40cm max...

BTW: I mostly listen to Jazz and Bossa (60%), Blues, Soul and Funk (30%) and some rock (10% being, the Doors, Beatles, Dylan, Dire Straits, etc 60-70's). Barely electro or so.

Greetings from South Spain!

Edited by superelmar

Gracias!

Well I don't want to spend more than 2.450€ which is price for Tannoy, D2R Response, and 1.800€ for Heresy, all brand new, less Tannoy, from a friend of mine, but like new.

Love Proac 10 Signature, size and sound but I always feel I'm missing something with small speakers, anyways, 15-18 sqm room.

• Like 1

if you can audition the Tannoy Revolution XT series. Both of the floor stand models have very good bass. I like the XT series better as the versions get smaller, I have both the XT Mini and the XT6. My XT Mini took a full six weeks of every day play probably a min of 6 hours play a day to fully break in and make respectable bass. The XT Mini has a 19mm tweeter diaphragm all the other models use a 25mm tweeter diaphragm. Get the smallest model which will meet your output level requirements. My preference is for the XT Mini. With correct set up burn in and top quality stands the XT Mini will surprise you but you will likely want some subs to fill in the low end.