Speaker stands

Froglevel

Thinking about getting these stands, my bases have some minor chips in the veneer. Will the slant in the stands add to the soundstage? Detract from it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Made-Oiled-Oak-Speaker-Stands-for-Klipsch-Chorus-Is-and-IIs-/202883617016

Those look nice but seem a bit pricey.  I guess not bad, though if it includes shipping?

I would think that considering the height of Choruses though, that the angle might be enough to diminish the top end a bit.  If you can determine how far off the tweeter axis you can be before that happens, then you could determine if the stands would work for you or not. 

All that said, I really do think that generally speaking, cornwall's. forte's...all the shorter floorstanders, often can benefit from a little tilt-back.  It seems to open up the sound a little; add a little air, if you know what I mean.  Probably reduces floor reflection a bit, too.

I'd just try tilting your Choruses back a bit before buying anything, just to see if you like the effect.

• Like 1

I like it, my seat is more centered with the Klipschorns in the corners but tilting the Choruses back really made a difference.  Listened to them for several hours this morning. Most I've listened to them in some time.

Edited by Froglevel

1 hour ago, Froglevel said:

A Google search shows arguments both ways, I'm going with my ears...the tilt stays. Don't know if I will purchase the stands but one of my wife's syrupy romance novels under the front of each speaker works purty dadgum good.

Like a good romance.

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 1