Not quite a time capsule

wstrickland1

2 hours ago, wstrickland1 said:

and speaker boxes. I had visions of breaking them down but the foam in the LaScala and palladium boxes are just as big. Then we were going to move and I was going to sell most. Then I was going to toss the boxes. The good thing is it acts as sound treatment against the garage doors :)

Like I said the RS7s are way better back there. We have been watching Sneaky Pete and are thru about 10 episodes. Last night there were actually surround effects. Didn't have anything before to speak of. It was a much more enveloping sound. I like much better. Now I can finally get these Heresy's to a customer of ours that does high end cabinet work. He's going to put some really nice veneer on them. Not sure what just yet.

That's a testament to how well designed many surround sound speakers are. Many people will say that a Heresy should outperform an RS7 as a surround speaker. Same as the center channel, I think any RC64 series would do better than a Heresy, probably even an RC62, RP504c.

28 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

That's a testament to how well designed many surround sound speakers are. Many people will say that a Heresy should outperform an RS7 as a surround speaker. Same as the center channel, I think any RC64 series would do better than a Heresy, probably even an RC62, RP504c.

If I were way in to multi-channel music then I may be inclined to have a Heresys back there. there was a time I had 3 LaScalas across the front, Cornwall sides and these heresys in the back. It was great as you could imagine and at that time I was listening to quite a bit of MC music. But since having much nicer 2 channel setups in the house the "garage" has become among other things the viewing place (not an HT haha). I do have RF7s as sides but am able to point them directly at us and now that the RS7s are playing there is a much better sound field. My wife noticed it last night distinctly and said the dog is going to bark at sounds even more (if that's possible). Those surrounds are beastly, maybe the best Klipsch ever made.

• Like 1