So many SUBS so little time. I'm in the market for an upgrade

mmiles

Of course I meant the $499.00 sub from velodyne wasn't as good as thier other stuff. Maybe in a small room this might be all you need. I was just offering a suggestion that not ALL Velodyne stuff is $2,800.00

That said...Like on most posts in here... A lot of what seems like SVS "happy campers." (Wonder if SVS monitors this board, because so many customers seem happy with them they could almost use it as a marketing too to sell more SVS.) LOL

You mentioned subs all the way from $850 to $2800, what kind of price range can "average Mike3.gif" deal with?

In the lower end of the mentioned price range, the SVS PC Plus' would be at the top of my list. At the top of the price range there's a whole lot to choose from. I might look into SVS' new B4 Plus, Ron said preorder would be around $2k: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111058&perpage=40&display=&pagenumber=2

The QSC amp Tom mentioned there is $400 available at www.musiciansfriend.com and a BFD is also available from the same site for $120. All these shipped would be less than the the HGS-18's price you quoted and have equivalent output of 6 HGS-18's(according to an older post of Tom V.'s).

At any rate, I believe no matter what sub price range you're looking at, SVS offer's the most for the money(excluding DIY).

Moon,

You haven't heard an SVS????? ;) Man, you must. When I was auditioning subs, I listened to velo, and Klipsch. Although I REALLY liked both, I ordered an SVS due to the 45 day guarantee. As soon as I put in the Monsters INC. preview on the toy story DVD, I knew I had made the right choice. Not saying you should order one or anything, but if you ever get the urge, don't fight it! ;)