SOLD —— Musical Fidelity MX-Vynl

Fido

Fantastic  Mx-vynl phono preamp for sale in pristine condition. I decided to try a Shannon Parks Puffin phono preamp and this allowed me to be able to sell my Schitt Loki and I no longer need the Mx-vinyl $650

mxIMG_0095.jpg

• Like 2

hey there Fido...  i am looking for a multi use mm/mc.  this one had great reviews, and so did the puffin especially for ease of use...  are you saying the puffin is better???  i am just getting into the crazieness of high end reality after 30+ years of being a record playing nightclub dj  knowing nothing ha.  ive had 1200's and stanton, or ortofon dj cartriges for almost 30 years, but only just know "learned'  about this high end stuf... and now im addicted.  ha ha.  only want to buy one pre, and be happy with it.  all my best,  Jon Webb  [Text number removed, not a good idea]

Hi Jon - I also use a a technics 1200 MK2 with a MC cartridge Denon DL-110. The combination with the MX-Vynl sounds fantastic. I would not say the Puffin is better but it had some features I wanted because my Integrated amp doesn't have volume balance controls and my original Fortes did not make the image as centered as I wanted it to be. When I got the Forte IVs this was no longer an issue as the IVs were perfectly centered without the use of the Puffin. I decided to sell my Schitt Loki equalizer and just use the equalizer in the Puffin, hence the MX Vynl is up for sale - the MX vinyl was a much more costly Phono Preamp - I think it retailed at around $1000 when I bought it. It has balanced outputs which the Puffin does not have but my Integrated Amp does not have any balanced inputs. If I had an amp or preamp with balanced inputs I would be selling the Puffin instead of the MX Vinyl.

I hope this answered your questions.

BTW - I had a number of Phono Preamps in my life - I had a Cambridge, a very high end Project that died on me, the Preamp of my Mcintosh integrated and then the MX vinyl and now also the Puffin -- without a doubt the best preamps in my systems have been the MX Vinyl and the Puffin.

The MX-VNYL was my first dedicated phono stage and I loved it - only sold it because I upgraded to the M6-VNYL then a Manley Chinook SE Mk II.  The MX-VNYL has plenty of gain for 0.5mV LOMC cartridges, is VERY flexible with tons of on-the-fly loading options, and it was QUIET.

GLWS!!

5 hours ago, Schwa said:

The MX-VNYL was my first dedicated phono stage and I loved it - only sold it because I upgraded to the M6-VNYL then a Manley Chinook SE Mk II.  The MX-VNYL has plenty of gain for 0.5mV LOMC cartridges, is VERY flexible with tons of on-the-fly loading options, and it was QUIET.

GLWS!!

5 hours ago, Schwa said:

GLWS!!

It is such a quiet and great sounding phono preamp I’m surprised no one has bought it yet. I have it listed on eBay but I’d give someone a smoking deal on this forum. It only has a few more days before it sells to the highest bidder on eBay.

By noon Sunday this fantastic phono preamp will be sold by auction on eBay.  Too late to stop the wheels turning but this was a $1000 phono preamp that is in pristine condition.  There must be someone on the klipsch forum that still listens to vinyl and would really enjoy this preamp.

• Like 1