2" Horn drivers B&C DE750TN vs. BMS 4592-mid

RickD

50 minutes ago, babadono said:

I think this is the one  I am remembering, but i thought more folks gave data...sorry I'm getting old.

I have the A/4500hz installed in my khorns. Al recommends the  AP12-400 + ES5800 set.

1 hour ago, babadono said:

A course a horse is a course a horse...:) If you have gain controls on each amp/driver ur good to go.

My RME dac has a pretty slick equalizer built in

On 5/26/2021 at 10:35 AM, RickD said:

Hi Folks - I am looking for opinions on the mid-range drivers from B&C and BMS. I'll be using Al's gentle slope crossover.

Regards,

why not reach out to  Greg Roberts directly -Greg  can give you the best advice  in regards to the VTracII horns,   drivers options -crossovers etc ----basically 1 call , and  he can tell you what works the best ----or what does not ---

no affiliation of course -----on my end -strictly FYI

12 - 14dB. I never did get a consensus because there are variables like the size of the room, how the room is furnished or treated, how far you sit back, how loud you like to listen, the condition of your hearing, and the quality and type of recordings. The math says 12dB down is “right”. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 12:52 PM, Deang said:

BMS

DeanG - 16 or  8 ohm?  I'll be using the ALK gentle slope. Al says his xover accommodates either one, but somewhere along  the line I read that the 16 ohm is a little softer.