Sweet 6.2 set up

I just got my 4.1's yesterday and I inmediately set them up.My sound card is a Sound Blaster Live PLatinum 5.1, and previously I had a set of Altec Lansing ACS48 hooked up to it on the 2 speaker configuration. Now this Altecs are great!, belive me (20watts each sat, 40watts sub).

With the arrival of my 4.1's, I was a bit undecided about the faith of my Altecs.

Upon reading this great forum I realised that my sound card also supports 5.1 analog sound by using the digital/analog out as a center/sub out so my altecs are now the center channel,the 4.1 Pros would go into the front and rear outs respectively... and Gang,this is just an absolutely awesome rig!!

I would definetively recomend it to anybody with a sound hungry ear. I can honestly say that I am finally happy with my PC sound. (till Klipsch puts out their own digi 5.1's!! hehehe)

You want more power? How bout buying 3 4.1 systems... getting 3 two to one plug adapters and plugging one set of 4.1's into the fronts, one set of 4.1's to the rears, and the last set of 4.1's into the center... now if that's not enought power... i dont know what is.... unless you buy more adapters and more klipsch sets... and hook those up ...(klipsch will be very happy you are their customer)

P.S. If you live in California, this is not recommended, power outages will occur... hee he...

lol, for the price of 3 pairs of 4.1's, you could buy a KICKASS HT setup which would completely obliterate the Pro's smile.gif. More sats and subs doesn't equal better sound, and more than likely, as Paragon said, would in fact screw it up. smile.gif

Hehehe... gang the 6.2 set up puts a solution to one of the only doubts about getting a 5.1 speaker set or the Pros 4.1.

I finally decided I was willing to sacrifice the 5.1 effects and become a member of the elite Klipsch owners gang... however, this sound card (SBLP5.1) gives me the option of adding a center channel to the melee, and this Altec Lansings I already had were just perfect for the task by providind the center channel and along with that bringing some more mids to the set.

About the one 4.1 set per channel suggestion well.. hehehe, let's just say I am very happy with what I already got,and the truth is any more decibels than that could result in some serious ear damage... and I already did my share of that during al the concerts I went to during the 70's.

Bottom line is, who needs 5.1 digital when 6.2 analog is just as sweet and with more kick.

bajachepe,

When you are using the altec sub on the lives' sub out, do you still have full range bass going to the 4.1s' inputs.

Does the live redirect bass to the sub out?

If you set the soundcard to mix bass into the 4 channels, as the Klipsch would need if you didn't have the altecs, does the live card still output to the sub out?

Post 203,

. MMmmmm,203,

. M203, He, He,

He,

He,

Hack, cough, spit,

sorry, phlashback

rol1:

Do not worry about the Pro's not getting enough bass in the 5.1 configuration, belive me, they do. I placed the Pros sub in a small table in the right corner at just below ear level, and at an angle so that the vent port points in my direction. The Altec's sub is under the desk, the Altec sats (2) atop of the monitor and finally the Pros sats 2 front left and right of the pc and 2 rear (surround) left and right about 6 feet behind me. When I am cranking a bass rich tumping tune the air coming out of the vent port of the Pros sub ( at about 3.5 to 4 feet from me) kicks air at me strong enough to ruin my hair do!! hehehe, so , I'd say it is getting a strong bass signal smile.gif