Has anyone used any partsexpress horns or drivers?

akirk

It has been a while. I've purchased midrange drivers from Parts Express. Specifically the Electro Voice 1828. The last time there was a glitch because they subsititued another EV driver. That seems to have been the result of an error in their inventory system. They were good at taking back the improper ones. Then they found the last available (for them) models in their "scratch and dent". It did require getting to the right technical person. But it did happened.

Overall, I'd say they're good people to deal with.

I've also purchased bass drivers in the Pyramid series. And lots of crossover parts.

Of course, Parts Express doesn't manufacture anything itself. So, ultimately, you're relying on the manufactuerer as far as quality.

If you need some part they don't handle in the catalog, you should call them to see if they'll special order. Also, it is a good idea to call and check on availablity regarding any part.

Regards,

Gil.

I have a set of Selenium drivers that Parts Express sells. They and the folks at MCM Electronics are very good to deal with. Parts Express also gives you a 45 day return policy. The large format horns and drivers that I had bought are killer though I haven't taken the time to really work with them and design a crossover.

I have not...BUT.. I had a lot of friends in college that used to use them and a few still today that are DIY (Do It Yourself) kinda people.

Sometimes they will Use parts express and other same type catalogs too. If you know what your doing or have a good background careful to match up a good system ( And yes they will help you on the phone too) You can create a great sounding speaker...and save a little bit too.

Most people use them to replace worn out drivers...Or build cabinents themselves....and have the speakers mailed to them to install.

You can look at it this way also. Parts Express has been here for a LONG time, industry wise, and has done well. With the ability to send stuff back, I would say your pretty safe and should be very happy to.

Sound quality will depend on your application. Bad application of a driver and horn equals bad sound.

Parts Express sells horns and drivers from very respected companies (they didn't get that respect for producing garbage) so if you discuss the application on the phone with the rep. or in their tech talk forum, I'm sure you will find what you want.

I had purchased the Selenium D-305Ti drivers and large radial horns (HC56-50) and they make the K-horn's K-55s look small. They are ultra dynamic also.

Martin Sound http://www.martinsoundpro.com/ and MCM Electronics also sell many types of compression drivers.