Mari.O

2 minutes ago, Mari.O said:

Why don't you just help a girl out....I did that.  It's kinda hard. Your a tough crowd.  I'll just keep them for gods sake.

Thought you were in Florida like me. Sorry about your loss.

I trust the members here. They are not looking to fleece you or anyone.

Thanks!

• Like 1

This is the Garage Sale section of the forum and it would be disrespectful for us to critique your asking price (although sadly - some will).

My friendly suggestion is to start by identifying the specific model of cabinet (it appears to be a Cornwall, but there were multiple versions). There are tags on the back of the cabinet and we can help you decipher them (model, year, and finish). With that knowledge you can then search on some of the past threads in the Garage Sale section and get a rough idea of an asking price. Please remember that condition (scratches, snags, chips etc) can easily alter the price by 20% or more. The numbers you are floating are not realistic and I will say no more. 

I would suggest many photographs of the different sides including any tags or blemishes. Also photos with the grilles removed. If the back is screwed on  and removable (not all are) you can carefully remove the back and take photos of the insides (this will also help figure out what modifications may have been performed. 

I am sorry to hear about the circumstances which led to you becoming the owner. We are all certain that your Father probably cherished the sound of his Klipsch speakers very much.

Good Luck,

-Tom

In terms of location, as mentioned above, this is important, as fellas whether you would be willing to ship or deliver. I am getting the impression these may not be in North Amrica. Is that the case? 

• Like 2

The speakers are in Sarasota.  I'm in Illinois right now.  I will be back and forth.  They are just so big and I'm not sure what I will be doing with them.  I also have 3 mcintosh amps. I sorta wanted to keep those so I didn't post them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mari.O said:

Thank you Tom. You are very nice.  The problem is they are in Sarasota and I am in Illinois.  I got as much info as I could when I was there without taking them apart.  I guess I will have to do that on the next trip.

IF the back panel is not removable, then the components (woofer etc) come out the front. Do not do this yourself, and it may not really be necessary. Incidentally,. since you mentioned  Macintosh equipment, depending of what it is (and condition etc) it could be worth quite a bit - much more than the equipment you have listed. In fact, I would not even turn it on unless you have someone knowledgeble looking over your shoulder. I know this sounds funny, but I am quite serious. 

Good luck,

-Tom

1 minute ago, PrestonTom said:

IF the back panel is not removable, then the components (woofer etc) come out the front. Do not do this yourself, and it may not really be necessary. Incidentally,. since you mentioned  Macintosh equipment, depending of what it is (and condition etc) it could be worth quite a bit - much more than the equipment you have listed. In fact, I would not even turn it on unless you have someone knowledgeble looking over your shoulder. I know this sounds funny, but I am quite serious. 

Good luck,

-Tom

Oh, we have had it on enjoying the music.!! I love the system.  And I do believe the macintosh equipment is worth more.  We just had to take it all apart (sadly) because I sold the house.  I want to keep some of it, but it is unreasonable due to the size of it to keep it all.  The places in Florida that he used to go to (and I went with him on occasion) are all closed up.  A friend of my daughter, young guy, told me about this forum.  I supposed I am a little unprepared.  Thank you for your help.