RP-504c Crossover Setting

whynot

Hi,

i have a question regarding the crossover frequency of my center speaker RP-504c.

in general i'm statisfied with my actual setting (Crossover 80Hz) but i tried 60Hz as well an in my mind the voices are more clearer than with 80Hz.

the RP-504c Center Speaker has a specification from 58-25kHz +/-3db

is it ok, i set the Crossover frequency to 60Hz? i read also that a buffer should be calculate for the crossover setting?!

if Center Speaker lowest frequency is 58Hz should Crossover Setting better set to 80Hz?

Audyssey says 40Hz by measure.....

and an optional questions is, if Center and Fronts should have the same Crossover frequency or could this different as well? e.g.: Center 80Hz, Fronts 60Hz

Hi,

i have a question regarding the crossover frequency of my center speaker RP-504c.

in general i'm statisfied with my actual setting (Crossover 80Hz) but i tried 60Hz as well an in my mind the voices are more clearer than with 80Hz.

is it ok, i set the Crossover frequency to 60Hz? i read also that a buffer should be calculate for the crossover setting?!
if Center Speaker lowest frequency is 58Hz should Crossover Setting better set to 80Hz?

and an optional questions is, if Center and Fronts should have the same Crossover frequency or could this different as well? e.g.: Center 80Hz, Fronts 60Hz
I have the same center. I'll mess around with it and see if I notice anything. I've always kept it at 80 hz

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

On 8/17/2021 at 8:44 AM, whynot said:

Hi,

I also have the RP-504C and I've been running everything on 80Hz, been pretty confused on crossover settings.
Switched the center to 60Hz and I agree it sounds crisper and more cinematic.