monster/gray power

REDNECK

Could anybody help me?...I don't know what is better, The problem I am having is when I jack up the amp and make her earn her keep she kicks out! My house is 20 years old and I'm out of town now, (never had this problem befor) would one of these unit's cure the problem? Any info would be appriciated.

yup there's your prob, back in the old days there were very limited code requirements. sounds to me like you need more circuts in your house, in todays world the range requires a dedicared circuit, you are probably dealing with knob and tube wiring, a nightmare to redo, but the monster stuff will do no good until you provive more circuts, i am guessing that you need a new panel, new wire, new many things, plus real grounding, those old houses knew nothing about grounding, you stand a chance of losing all your electronics if you dont look into this problem12.gif

LOL

This question reminds me of living on the outskirts of Geraldton Ontario in what amounted to a private townsite. There had been a gold mine which had run its course and the area I lived in had been set aside for some of the mining company's employees. There were about 10 houses and a single power line into the townsite. At the time I used a pair of extremely inefficient speakers driven by a very high powered amplifier. I was literally able to cause the lights in my house to dim in time to the music.

I just took a further look at Redneck's post and he states that his house is 20 years old. If he is correct in that the wiring in his house is likely more than adequate to provide sufficient power. I am inclined to think that the amplifier's protection circuits are tripping for some reason either internal to the amp itself or in relation to the speakers he is using.

Redneck

What kind of amp do you use ?

What speakers ?

How many speakers ?

Does this happen only at high volume levels ?