Klipsch RF-7 MK1 - Upgrade suggestion in a Nut shell!!

junaidot

22 minutes ago, junaidot said:

Perdon me! I may be speaking in lay man's language.
Yes, indeed COILS

Try to get coils that have nearly the same values like the origins. A better coil quality has massive infulence of the step response from the drivers and woofers in the High-Low Pass. These process the signal much more accurately. The sound image becomes more precise. This is also referred to time correctness

7 hours ago, junaidot said:

Now gradually to the next stage:

What do I stand to gain changing the Core/Inductions?
Any personal experience/s?

I think you should stop. 

Those small coils in the high pass are wound with small gauge wire, and the high DCR has a fairly significant effect on the circuit. There is also some mutual inductance, which is also part of the circuit. Bigger isn't always better, which I found out the hard way.

If that cap is on top of that resistor, you need to fix that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

I think you should stop. 

Those small coils in the high pass are wound with small gauge wire, and the high DCR has a fairly significant effect on the circuit. There is also some mutual inductance, which is also part of the circuit. Bigger isn't always better, which I found out the hard way.

If that cap is on top of that resistor, you need to fix that.

Thanks, I think I will indeed stop; it already sound quite good. I will look at the resistor/Caps position again. What's the problem if caps overlaps resistor? Just curious

Edited by junaidot
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, junaidot said:

Thanks, I think I will indeed stop; it already sound quite good. I will look at the resistor/Caps position again. What's the problem if caps overlaps resistor? Just curious

Actually nothing , they just don't really seem to be attached very stable. Due to the fact that the whole crossover vertically in the housing and the sound pressure of the woofers are exposed, that could start at some point to "rattle". And yes the investment in the modifications of speakers should always be in proportion to the value of a speaker. If you´re happy now , that´s fine. Have fun and Merry Christmas 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, junaidot said:

What's the problem if caps overlaps resistor? Just curious

The camera angle makes it appear that the capacitor is resting on the resistor. 

Also consider a long zip tie around high pass board. Don’t bear down on it, just gently secure. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

The camera angle makes it appear that the capacitor is resting on the resistor. 

Also consider a long zip tie around high pass board. Don’t bear down on it, just gently secure. 

Had the same idea with the zip ties , but due to endless ziep tie discussions in the forums past , I thought don´t mention them 😂

the last zip tie discussion led to the thread being closed  🤣

• Haha 1