Anyone try

chuckears

stay with your 2 channel amp, and only use the center and surround outputs on the new surround amp that you get. Thats what I'm doing. I have my Mcintosh running the mains, than the receiver just does the rest. That way I can have full music enjoyment, but still do the home theatre gig.

Prodj,

Yeah, that's what I'm doing right now; however,

1. I am not entirely satisfied with the soundstage (mains are on two channel amp, center powered by my receiver), and

2. I would like to be more ready for a possible future upgrade to separates, specifically from an AV receiver to an HT pre\processor.

To answer your question, I am using an Acurus 200x3 for the front soundstage with my Chorus mains and Forte center. I think it sounds great. I was using my Denon 3300 receiver for all channels before, and I could hear a definite improvement in clarity and punch. Now, my Denon handles the rear channels.

There are a couple of other Acurus/Klipsch users on the board who, I believe, would echo my sentiments.

DD

Dougdrake,

I have read a couple of reviews from Acurus owners who state that the units are very bright in the high frequencies? Since your speakers are similar to mine, can you shed any light on this claim?

I have noticed a tendency with more untamed sources (ie, my HK receiver) towards brightness; a trait no displayed by my McCormack DNA1, or my previous amp, the Carver M200t...