Klipsch The Fives forgets EQ setting when powered down?

anttielei

On 6/24/2022 at 10:16 PM, Ghen said:

As I said in the other post, I have these versions:

App version :1.11.0(1207)

FW version: 1.6.9

HW version: 02.00.01 

This is the only help that I can give you, try to update to last version all the parts. I don't know if you can update the HW version, maybe I have newer factory build. Can any dev response that? If the bug is because the HW version and you can't update it, the bug will never be fixed :(

I have the same version numbers except the app version ”subnumber” which I think is the build number. I have iOS client and perhaps you have android?

App version: 1.11.0 (107)

HW version: 02.00.01

I verify that the EQ presets are not stored to the speakers (despite the app is indicating so) and would like to emphasize the Anttielei’s message; I also find plausible that the announced succesful saving verification is a false positive based on mistake of the observer.

Without verification I continue to believe that every single owner of Klipsch Fives face the same issue. We know that the app is lying about the selected preset.

This is a problem that should be addressed by Klipsch.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, coldfreeze said:

In this recent review Darko confirms that he also noticed that the EQ settings are abandoned every time the Fives are switched off. 

yes and in 12:20 he also mentioned , that the optical out is way better than the hdmi out, which sounds muffled in the mids. That a huge bug also!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/3/2022 at 10:34 PM, Leech FI said:

I have the same version numbers except the app version ”subnumber” which I think is the build number. I have iOS client and perhaps you have android?

App version: 1.11.0 (107)

HW version: 02.00.01

I verify that the EQ presets are not stored to the speakers (despite the app is indicating so) and would like to emphasize the Anttielei’s message; I also find plausible that the announced succesful saving verification is a false positive based on mistake of the observer.

Without verification I continue to believe that every single owner of Klipsch Fives face the same issue. We know that the app is lying about the selected preset.

This is a problem that should be addressed by Klipsch.

I have the same problem. Klipsch support advised to contact the service center to fix this problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 4/9/2023 at 12:05 PM, Михаил said:

После последнего обновления пропал звук через блютуз 

No sound from bluetooth after last update

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Нет звука через блютуз после последнего обновления

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Нет звука через блютуз после последнего обновления

И на входах aux и phono сильное шипение 

On 04.02.2023 at 19:19, Leech FI said:

Полгода спустя эта проблема все еще сохраняется, и Klipsch не решает ее. 

Вы, ребята, продали свои пятерки или все еще ждете исправления?

После последнего обновления не работает звук через блютуз и на входах aux и phono сильный шум

On 26.03.2023 at 08:52, coldfreeze said:

Когда я связался со службой поддержки Klipsch, они заявили, что знают об этой ошибке, когда настройки эквалайзера не сохраняются после выключения Fives. Мне также сказали, что обновленная прошивка выйдет в первом квартале 2023 года. Надеюсь, они скоро выпустят прошивку. 

После последнего обновления пропал звук через блютуз и на входах aux и phono шипение по мере прибавления звука оно возрастает 

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Михаил said:

После последнего обновления пропал звук через блютуз и на входах aux и phono шипение по мере прибавления звука оно возрастает 

After the last update, the sound through the bluetooth disappeared and the hiss at the aux and phono inputs increases as the sound is added

Sorry I do not speak Russian, I used a translator and also have no idea of the problem of how to fix it, I do not work for Klipsch.

On 12.04.2023 at 19:03, dtel said:

После последнего обновления пропал звук через блютуз и нарастает шипение на входах aux и phono по мере добавления звука

Извините, я не говорю по-русски, я использовал переводчик и также понятия не имею, как решить проблему, я не работаю на Klipsch.

Просто думал может кто сталкивался

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2023 at 3:56 PM, coldfreeze said:

Does anybody know if this is fixed?

I contacted Klipsch regarding this issue and the Live Chat operator sent the below firmware.

Use at your own risk; I'm not sure if this is an official / stable firmware, but this has fixed the EQ problems for me! :)

The .zip-file contains the instructions on how to update.

Before installing the below update, make sure to update to the previous firmware using these instructions:

https://support.klipsch.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046482812

---

What's new in this update:

• Addresses an issue where EQ settings would not be applied after resuming from Standby

• Addresses an issue where Night Mode would be partially enabled after standby, if it had been set before

Download and un-zip the following file: https://pubklipschfirmwarefiles.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/Fives/2023-01-31-EQAndNightModeUpdate/Fives+EQ+Update+Files+-+Klipsch+Product+Support.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Joris... I ordered these speakers 2 weeks ago and also always had the same problem with the eq that it did not save. I love these speakers but would have sent them back today because of the problem, then I happened to see your post and downloaded and installed the zip file and hereditarily it saves my settings and keeps them too, it works!!! I am so grateful you can't believe this, thank you!

10 hours ago, Sixekko said:

Joris... I ordered these speakers 2 weeks ago and also always had the same problem with the eq that it did not save. I love these speakers but would have sent them back today because of the problem, then I happened to see your post and downloaded and installed the zip file and hereditarily it saves my settings and keeps them too, it works!!! I am so grateful you can't believe this, thank you!

@Sixekko You're welcome. 😉 I did recently notice new problems though... BT audio no longer seems to work and the AUX and Phono inputs only produce static noise (or a beep if I flip the switch on the back of the primary speaker). I'm working with Klipsch on getting these things resolved. Reverting to the original firmware does fix these inputs (but of course re-introduces the EQ problems). Are you facing the same issues as I show in this video? https://youtu.be/b9aHqQou5fE

Edited by Joris Vervuurt