RF-82 fun project

Iteachstem

Hello,

Documenting my random RF-82 project.  Purchased these from a guy who sells storage unit stuff.  After getting these for about 30% of what he was asking, I decided to have some fun with them and document the downward spiral into the madness!

They were pretty beat.  Vinyl scratched, corners dinged and one driver with a creased/damaged cone along with the grill.  However, all of the drivers functioned correctly.  So, I thought I would have some fun and do a textured finish to use up some paint I have laying around taking up space.

I am going to send updates as things happen.  Hopefully someone will find this entertaining or useful in some aspect.  I'm not going to do any internal bracing, because these are pretty decent already, and any additional bracing would not end up in any audible difference, other than changing the box volume a bit.  Enjoy!

Original condition...

IMG_2275.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

The damage to the driver.  I am looking for a replacement that will match, not the newer ones, as the color is different. (I know this as I replaced all 4 woofers in my RF-3's last year)  If you have one that you're willing to part with, let me know.  Thanks.

IMG_2397.jpg

IMG_2398.jpg

• Like 1

Well, I figure I should post pics of the crossover as well in case anyone wanted to see what that's all about.   

Seems decent enough, I just don't know why two full length speaker wire runs to the woofers where used when it's the same signal.  I'm surprised the bean counters let this happen!  Wouldn't it be more economical to run a set to the bottom woofer, then daisy chain to the top woofer? Basically saving about 2 feet of cable per speaker?

IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...