Questions about 4.1

Clint Phare

I just bought a refurb. 4.1 system and have a few questions. Can you run this as a dual stereo setup? Can the rear speakers be controlled by the volume control and/ or turned off/ on? I plan on using the 4.1 for listening to two channel but I would like to have the rears hooked up in a different room and switch them on and off. Any one attempted this? Thanks in advance!

The refub'ed 4.1's showed up today. I only opened the box and inspected the speakers. They looked good but there was dog hair all over the place! What's up with that? You'd expect a little more from Klipsch. Does Klipsch do the refurb or is it contracted out? Looks like they came from California not Indy. Anyone have an answer about how the surround channels are derived?

Thanks!

----------------

On 1/5/2003 1:09:46 AM Clint Phare wrote:

The refub'ed 4.1's showed up today. I only opened the box and inspected the speakers. They looked good but there was dog hair all over the place! What's up with that? You'd expect a little more from Klipsch. Does Klipsch do the refurb or is it contracted out? Looks like they came from California not Indy. Anyone have an answer about how the surround channels are derived?

Thanks!

----------------

Hahaha.. dog hair?!

It really makes me wonder what Klipsch means by "refurb".

----------------

On 1/5/2003 2:17:29 AM Chan wrote:

----------------

On 1/5/2003 1:09:46 AM Clint Phare wrote:

Thanks!

----------------

Hahaha.. dog hair?!

It really makes me wonder what Klipsch means by "refurb".

----------------

How are the speakers? Anything wrong with em besides dog hair? How about the sound?

-Dan

I hooked up the 4.1 refurbs.- or at least half of it. They neglected to send me the "Y" adapter they refer to in the instructions. The front channels work fine. No problem. I really don't think there should be any worries about buying factory refurbished goods if it is being sold by a good company- which Klipsch is.