Question for m00n

Kain

Kain, no I have not seen an LCD projector so I can't give you any personal comparisons. As far as rainbows, I have not noticed anything like that. However my neighbor who works at InFocus and worked with this very projector can can easily spot artifacts.... The only artifact that I notice is the screen door affect which is caused by the fact that there are lots of little mirrors that are projecting the light out of the projector onto the screen. However, you can overcome this by slightly taking the image out of focus. Also your sitting the distance from the screen has an affect on how much you see the screen door affect.

One thing that everyone seems to agree on is the screen. You need a good screen to achieve the best picture. Well, I personally don't plan on buying some multi thousand dollar screen.... What I have for a screen is a piece of parkland plastic. Here in the states you can get them at any Home Depot. What I can do to help my piece of plastic perform better is to coat it with this stuff Screen Goo I have heard this is really supposed to make your image better and apparently helps to eliminate some of the screen door affect.

Thanks.

However, screendoor effect is mainly a problem with LCD projectors, not DLP. It's a bit weird that you can see that much screendoor effect. On DLP projectors, the pixels are much much closer and so the screendoor effect is basically eliminated.

Well, don't know what to tell you, DLP DOES suffer from this artifact. Actually, don't you mean CRT rather than LCD? I don't think there is a LCD projector. LCD is a type of monitor/tv screen this I know, but I have never seen or heard of an LCD projector.

You should really go to AVS Forums. There you will find all your answers. This site is full of video folks.