2.1/4.1 with Marantz nr 1200 or 1607?

Klipschtastic

Hey guys, in my downstairs den which is about 14x22 or so, I currently have an RTF3/RC3 5.1 set up with some cheaper Klipsch in ceiling speakers (not sure the model) for rear surrounds. This is powered by the Marantz 1607 receiver.  I'm perfectly happy with this setup for home theater, however I'm getting Cornwall 4s for my main upstairs 2 channel system where my KLF 20s currently reside.  Now, I really like my KLF 20s and they top the RF3s for music listening for me so I'd like to move them downstairs and possibly sell the RF set up.  

I'm not really THAT into home theater, though I do enjoy it from time to time; music is more my priority.  I need to have the rear ceiling speakers because my room is set up with a bar in the back where the rears hover and I like to watch games and UFC in stereo.  Aside from that I think I'd be happy with a 2.1 or even 2.0 set up with the KLFs as mains.  

This brings me to my question.  Will Audessy automatically recognize and work around the absent center channel?  Will 5 channel stereo now be formatted to 4 channel essentially?  Or should i just move my NR1200 stereo reciever downstairs and run A+B for stereo? 

Thanks

Jon

• 3 weeks later...