Wall Brackets

GreatBarrier87

The annual wall bracket migration is scheduled to begin at the next full moon and last approximately 6 lunar phases. However; the El Nina effect coupled with global warming has scientists allowing for a 3 week sliding window for the start of this centennial event. The smaller bookshelf wall brackets are expected to arrive first as they travel on the surface and are carried forward by the surf. The wall mounts for floor standing speakers are extremely rare (only owned by a very few forum members) and usually do not survive the migration, as they have a tendency to sink to the ocean floor.

Welcome aboard! If you have no idea of what I am talking about, dont worry, I dont either, but it makes us even.

Less

----------------

On 12/30/2002 4:44:31 PM GreatBarrier87 wrote:

Does anyone besides the man from the zarkonian galaxy know?----------------

Actually, that was the woman from the Zarkonian Galaxy, not many men live there after the last plague. A man by the name of Omar settled a colony on the far side of the galaxy bringing with him his minions and his illogical logic. Soon his thoeries became widespread resulting in a plague like repercusion. See as most of the victims fallen victim were men the women have taken charge. This happened once before on a similar galaxy known as Zockgweiki of the Zockgweikian's. Probably never heard of them. Their story is so terrible, so devasting, no man dare repeat it.

Have you ordered the wall brackets yet? If not, for what speaker? Give http://www.omnimount.com/ .

Justin - This is a bad sign...very very bad, do your parents know about you joining the Zarkonian Galaxy crew. I had a feeling that you were my long lost son/brother/pet iguana.. before, and now I'm fairly certain. I believe that you are a cyborg hybrid of the McRiblet, Richie Rich, and Spongebob...hee hee.

Reefer Boy...Dont worry...but be afraid! You have ventured into depths that go beyond...reality, We'll have to verify that with Audio Reality.

Yet the question remains...what brackets are you looking for and who promised them when? and have you been vaccinated against the plague?

Toodles

Clu &Less

P.S..Things sometimes DO get stranger than this...

----------------

On 12/30/2002 9:01:08 PM cluless wrote:

Justin - This is a bad sign...very very bad, do your parents know about you joining the Zarkonian Galaxy crew. I had a feeling that you were my long lost son/brother/pet iguana.. before, and now I'm fairly certain. I believe that you are a cyborg hybrid of the McRiblet, Richie Rich, and Spongebob...hee hee.

----------------

How did you find out? I was supposed to be undercover to reduce chances of an uprising... LOOK AT WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!

Those brackets are the Omnimounts little sister so to speak. They go left and right, the Omnimounts go left, right, up, down. It is a ball in socket joint.

Now. If you want to save money and have them ASAP. Do what I did.

DigitalDiva Wall MountZ v1.0

These are currently the most economical wall mounts available and work with any ProMedia satellite.

1x1.gif

Here is basically what you need:

1 Bag of 1/4"x1" round head Zinc Machine Screws (4 in a pack with a bolt) $0.83

(you need two bolts per stand, so if doing 4 stands, buy extra bolts)

bag of 1/4 medium split zinc washers (25 in a pack) $0.83

elbow joint for each satellite, about 3/4"inch wide and 3 inches long in each direct, with a 90 degree angle, I think these were like $0.50 each.

Spray paint to match the walls, or if the speakers, Rust Oleum Premium Hammered 7218 Dark Bronze, this adds $5 to your total, but cheaper plain color paint is really cheap, in my case, egg shell finish cream, $0.90.

Bend the elbow joint to the right angle for the speakers to be aiming at you (try to keep them somewhat at ear level), then drill a hole through it, they did drill a hole, but it is not big enough. just a little larger. Put the screw through and bolt it very loosely in place (leave 1/4-1/2 inch), then add another bolt and a washer. spray paint it now. and attach to the wall when dry (try to put them at ear level)

Using the 1/4-1/2" extra space from the first bolt, turn the screw, screwing it into the screw hole on the bottom of the satellites, then tighten the bolt on the stand, and then tighten the bolt that goes into the speaker. you MUST have a bolt and washer for the speaker part, or else you might actually push the screw hole into the speaker... not a good thing AT ALL.

digitaldivawm1.jpg

digitaldivawm2.jpg

digitaldivawm3.jpg

You need the Omnimount 5.0 or 10.0 Ceiling speaker mount.

Even though you are mounting them on the wall, you need the ceiling mount version because unlike home theater speakers which screw into the stand on the back of the speaker, the ProMedia satellites screw in via a hole in the bottom.

Price is around $20-30-40 per pair.

GreatBarrier87

It appears that both you and Clu might have been dropped on your heads at birth but Clu was luckier than you in that not only did she not lose her sense of humour in the process but fortunately did not have her head permanently planted where the sun don't nebber shine.

Looking at your age as listed in your profile I am reminded of Mark Twain's comment:

When I was 18 I was appalled at the depth of my Father's Ignorance. When I was 21- I marvelled at how much that old fool had learned in the intervening 3 years !

A word of advice: Your macho FU attitude may make you an insider in some places but here it simply marks you as another young bull looking to become a steer. You want to make a mark ? - Concentrate upon learning and upon providing assistance to others where appropriate.

What...please understand...i'm not trying to be annoying...its just that i had a bad day at work and i wasn't in a good mood. I was kidding around when i mentioned the zarkonian galaxy.

Are you sure its 6 lunar phases? the last time i checked on the internet it was 7. and they each last 23.7 minutes. If i'm correct the zarkonian galaxy is 12 light years away and would take at least 10 years to get there. I'm really hoping to however. 2.gif2.gif

And btw its not the next full moon, the next crecent moon when the wolf howls. You should be able to see them falling from the sky

Reefie -

I assumed you were just kidding around, so no offense was taken. 1.gif. There's been a rash of new people wandering into the forum and trashing other forum members. Hmm theres been a rash of old forum members trashing other forum members also. Must be the joyous holiday season.

My original post was intended to let you know that I (and probably other forum members) didn't have any idea about what you were asking. You were a TAD vague.

Lynn is incorrect, I was not dropped on my head, but after hanging around the forum and getting this smash.gif every so often ive gotten a bit loopy rolleyes.gif Thats my current story anyway.