HornED...check yer e-mail

HDBRbuilder

Thanks Andy. Actually I did see it and need to respond to it in more detail a bit later. I will be doing a photoshoot at the club tonight including studio shots against a special background that I am now building.

My designs for the portable Klipsch theaters are quite structurally solid with a metal framework that expands from the legal road size to a 20' x 24' primary area with folding cubicles that create distance between the sweet spot and side/surround & rear effects speakers. An even heavier fold-out false corner holds the subwoofer array and will be located behind the screen.

Essentially, there are two primary issuses to building a dedicated home theater enclosure... The first, and most often raised is the creation of a better sound environment for those listening (or recording) in a sound studio-like environment. For that, low bass, high bass & treble trap designs abound on the Internet. The second consideration is to provide a leak proof enclosure that doesn't let stray sounds (particularly the hard to stop 20 Hz variety... and below) into ajacent rooms or, especially, the surrounding tranquil environment.

What I am attempting to do is create a panel that will be a combination trap built in layers to stop various sound ranges. Obviously, the strategy for stopping the over 2000 Hz sounds is fairly simple compared to low end strategies. Since the panels will be placed on walls that are already structurally sound, my concern is focused on the sound trapping and durability issues.

I'll send some more later! =HornEd

No, friend fini, I did not. I am using my Sony laptop and have just upgraded the operating system and suddenly a whole lot of things are not working! Try sending me the email at: wrenfaire@yahoo.com those emails seem to be getting through.

But, I do think of you... and your mother-in-law's cooking quite often. I write more when I get this (expletive deleted) laptop in shape. I am doing a photo shoot at my private club for souvenier photos so I need to get my nose back to this thankless grindstone. ciao! =HornEd