Center Speaker

ericleslie

I can't tell you anything about the center, because I don't know alot about that line of speakers, but I can tell you that you wouldn't be disapointed in the Klipsch subs at all, as long as you don't get a KSW. I have an RSW-15, and really like it alot. It is in my opinion one of the better music subs around, but if movies are more your aim, I would recommend the SVS. I have heard great things about what they can do for movies, and because they can go lower than the RSW line, they are better for them.

Here are your matching center/surrounds:

http://www.klipsch.com/products/cutsheet.asp?id=138

Perhaps they will show up on Ebay, or some of the other classifieds.

You'll want to stay with Klipsch since any other brand is likely not to be even close in terms of timbre matching. That is more important in the center than the rears, unless you are going to be into multi-channel music as well.

DD

KSF-C5 on E-Bay now. Get it, you'll be glad you did. Great center speaker, in some ways I preferred it to the KSP-C6 I use now. Watch for the KSF-C5 surrounds on E-Bay. They show up there frequently. Together you will have a great sounding package.

Good luck, and use Fed-Ex!

Keith

Wish I could get those number/letter combos right!1.gif

KSF-C5 is the matching center, KSF-S5 matching surrounds. I'm sure that's what Doug's links say but I wanted to try and get it right myself!

fini,the C-5 originally was built for use with the Synergy Premiere's, as I'm sure you know. I bought a couple of them and used one for a while. They have two rear ports and seem to have more presence than the C-6, which seems more laid back. I gave one of them to my disabled buddy along with 300's and S-6's and the combo sounds great together.

The other C-5 I bought from a guy near you. He E-Bay'ed a pair of LaScalas and in his pics I noticed the C-5 and asked him if he wanted to sell. It was in great shape but it was obvious he chewed tobacco. After licking the juice off the speaker it looked/played like new.

I actually looked for the S-5's in the beginning but could only find S-6's so I compromised and bought five pair of the S-6's. They make great gifts!

I'll keep you in mind. No promises!

Keith