1986 AK-2 K-horns new to me.

Escoffee

It would appear JEM and me are not on the same page here. 

The vocals are recessed because the midrange is attenuated too much. I would have had you move to the AK network. You will need to compare the AK and AK-3 schematics to understand why I do this. 

It also means not having to change the film caps in the bass bin - which I’m sure are perfectly fine for what they’re expected to do.

3 hours ago, Escoffee said:

Not sure why the dip between 3-600hz (thoughts?).

That's the crossover frequency from the woofer to the squawker.  Any chance you may have accidentally reversed the polarity to either of the drivers during the switch? 

8 minutes ago, mboxler said:

That's the crossover frequency from the woofer to the squawker.  Any chance you may have accidentally reversed the polarity to either of the drivers during the switch? 

Thats possible. I did check my L/R measurements and didn't seem like it was cancelling out each other. one of the squawker driver was not labeled, I'll flip it and see if things change for the better or not.

I swapped phase on my squawker today and retested. Seems like it was reversed which is odd, I don’t see any markings on it and the wires visibly are now backwards left to right.  I suppose the back cover could be glued on upright and the connectors just rotated? 

anyhow! The drop in 3-600hz is thankfully gone.  Audibly better as well.  This test compares original crossover to the jem kit installed properly (now). 

2E9804D7-F20E-4535-A07A-B45CE4071516.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Escoffee said:

I swapped phase on my squawker today and retested. Seems like it was reversed which is odd, I don’t see any markings on it and the wires visibly are now backwards left to right.  I suppose the back cover could be glued on upright and the connectors just rotated? 

anyhow! The drop in 3-600hz is thankfully gone.  Audibly better as well.  This test compares original crossover to the jem kit installed properly (now). 

2E9804D7-F20E-4535-A07A-B45CE4071516.jpeg

I don't see any obvious wiring errors.  Perhaps the issue was with the woofers instead of the squawkers.  It is a little hard to see inside the bass bin.