Another new Stereo Suggestions Please

Doc Holiday

I just recently finished my home theater stereo. I am happy with it, but music just doesn't cut it. So I decided it would be cool to buy a new pair of speakers and put them on the "b" speakers. After about 30 seconds I decided that would be rather lame. So I decided that another reciver was definatly in line. Then at that point, I decided I would really like to have to seperate stereos, a home theater and a 2 channel stereo. So for the receiver i was thinking about 1. Onkyo 2. Integra(onkyo i know only a little higher ended, but i am prefered to onkyo products) 3. Mc Intosh 4. ???? your suggestions??? in no way is this in order of preference..... Then for floorstanding speakers only I am thinking about 1. Paradigm 2. Klipsch refrence only 3. MK labs 4. ??? Once again OPEN???? 5. Mirage OM only. now I havn't even started to listen to these products because I am still in preperation and all of that. These choices are all out of my personal preferences, past expierence and what not. Thanks for any input

My bad, I did forget the important stuff.The room is a rectangle that is 13.5' x 23.5', odd demensions, but its an old house. As for my listening habits, I listen at very loud levels, need power, bass, good clear highs, and good midrange for sure, and good seperation. umm I couldn't give a dB range for loudness, the more i like it the louder it goes and i listen to just about every type of music. As for a budget, I have learned that have a strict budget with a stereo just doesn't work because you end up going over anyways. So for this moment my budget is lossley set between 2000 and 4500 for receiver and speakers only. Speaker cable and connections is not an issue at this moment.

You could DIY yourself a pair of REALLY sensitive speakers using PA/Pro drivers from Parts Express... I plan to do so within this year (one New Years Resolution of mine 1.gif ). I found a really good 8" woofer with a very flat response between 97-99dB. A few of these with a horn tweeter would get you quite loud... not sure how much bass you'd get though. Just a thought, though.