K-Horn/Altec/JBL/ALK

Q-Man

Tom,

Do you know anything about the Altec 311-90 horn? Is it a 500Hz horn?

I can't find anything about it.

I'm going to sell a pair of the 288 drivers and 805B horns on ebay. I always buy, but never tried selling anything. It's time to sell. I'm going to look for a pair of the 300Hz 290 drivers and a 300Hz horn, maybe the 329 horn.

I just need to try them out. If I like them then I may sell off the other pair of 288s and 805's, but before I do that I need to try them with the Imperials.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John,

I put a pair of Klipsch AL networks on ebay tonight to figure out how to do it.It took me a couple hours because of learning how to resize the pictures. I was going to put the 288s and 805s on there tomorrow or the next day.

If you want them, I'll sell them to you for $325.00 a pair. That would be $325.00 for the 288-16K drivers and $325.00 for a pair of 805B horns with throats. I think you know that they sell all the time on ebay for over $350.00 a pair. You can e mail me if you want them, and we can figure out the shipping cost. I took a couple of pictures of the drivers tonight, let me see if I can post them. If they need to be resized, it will have to wait untill tomorrow.

Man! About three hours work on this. I hope it came out. Load it, file it there, resize it, rename it, try to find it again. Found it, now it won't upload because of a bad file path. Figure out what the heck is a bad file path. You can't type in a coma. Why didn't they just say that?

Well, I think I'm learning something anyway.

post-2405-13819246087418_thumb.jpg

I just bid $790.00 on a pair of Altec 329A horns

and lost. They sold for over $800.00, and a pair sold a few months ago for over $800.00.

It has me wondering if this horn can really be worth that kind of money. I emailed some of the bidders and asked them why they think this horn is worth so much. I'll see if any of them answer me.

Sorry, I just needed a shoulder to cry on.

My son just walked into the room & I told him how much they sold for. He pointed to an 805B horn and asked "you mean just a horn like that without a driver?" I said yes, and he said."Your nuts, make them." and walked out of the room. Out of the mouth of babes, the kid has me thinking again.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up a pair of Altec 311-90 300Hz. horns on ebay. Then I ordered a pair of Altec 290-16K 16 ohm 300Hz. drivers from Jammin Jersey Music & Pro Audio. I've been listening to them for a about a week now. This is a very nice combo with the Klipschorn bottom. I will start a new post tomorrow, since this one is rather long. I feel the need to tell you about them, this is a keeper.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...