RC3 II: Equal sound to woofers? Help!

Thade

Heyaz!

I have an RC3II and RF3II's for fronts powered by a Pioneer Elite 41 (the cheap one) and an ATI 1506 amp. I can't tell for sure but it seems like my center is really bright at times. I also noticed that the left woofer (facing speaker) seems to have more powerful sound while the right sorta compliments the sound when TV (Direct TV) is the source. Should both woofers put out the same sounds? Maybe it's me...I can't quite put my finger on it but I'm concerned that something may be wrong with it. It DOES sound better with DVD's but the "brightness" seems a little exaggerated at times...like I can hear the whistling in every "S" I've always been anal about sound so it's difficult to say if it's me or the speaker.

any thoughts?

TIA

Jeff

"I can't tell for sure but it seems like my center is really bright at times. "

Is this a recent change to the sound, or has it always sounded this way to you? Also, are the channel levels balanced in the pre-amp settings, so the center channel is not exaggerated?

Also, in your pre-amp, you may want to set the "Cinema EQ" setting to -10db (if you pre-amp has that setting). (I think that's what it's called.) Anyhow, the function of the EQ is to boost treble in a cinema setting where the center speaker is behind the screen, so that the treble can "get out" from behind the screen and not sound mushy. That might cause the extra sssssibilance in the center.

"I also noticed that the left woofer (facing speaker) seems to have more powerful sound while the right sorta compliments the sound when TV (Direct TV) is the source." This could be caused by placement differences between the left and right speakers. Is the left one closer to a corner/wall which can boost output or cause reflections?

DD

EDIT: I am perhaps misinterpreting your comment about your woofers sounding different. I thought you were referring to the main speakers, but I see maybe you mean your center channel...

----------------

On 1/6/2003 11:33:39 AM Thade wrote:

so it IS ok that the volumes sound different because of the tampered array ??

Jeff

----------------

Yes.

You can read about the technology by visiting the Klipsch RC-3 II and Klipsch RC-7 website information.